This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: 2KW heating element - anyone got a supplier?
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 08:47:28 am »
What size tank do you have Jonny?

670 litres mate.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 09:32:50 pm »
Hmmmm, got a nasty feeling I've been stung - anyone know if the company is still trading?

Jonny 87

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2016, 10:39:42 pm »
Hmmmm, got a nasty feeling I've been stung - anyone know if the company is still trading?

By any chance has it not arrived? Just when you said this i remembered.

Same happened to me. I phoned up at 9am and got no answer, but left a voicemail, then it arrived he next day.

I get the feeling it's a small business and his admin isn't the greatest.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 08:22:55 am »
fifteen days now and nothing. Won't be recommending OneStopBio that's for sure.  >:(

DaveG

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 08:34:10 am »
Hi Dave, did it ever turn up?
You can't polish a turd

Jonny 87

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 12:33:06 pm »
Hi Dave, did it ever turn up?

+1

Mine took a while but it wasn't aslong as 15 days.

Hope it turned up. 

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2016, 08:24:05 pm »
Nope, never saw it. Contacted the Bank and got my money back because I'd used a Visa Debit card.

Got two elements (one spare) this afternoon from Heatrod with flange nut. Took them two weeks because they had to be fabricated. 14" 2kw
Will fit one in the next couple of weeks - probably practice on a plastic bucket first!

jk999

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 10:00:50 pm »
Is it possible to get an eliment that you can jusy drop into tank through lid and let it dangle in water

Shrek

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 07:49:36 am »
Is it possible to get an eliment that you can jusy drop into tank through lid and let it dangle in water

What if it touches the sides of your tank though when dangling  ???

andyM

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 09:49:48 am »

An Aquarium/ Fish Tank Heater works in that way, but I think they're only available up to 1kw.
But you could use two I suppose?
One of the Plebs

jk999

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 10:22:17 am »
Its impossible for it to touch sides unless its as wide as the tank its in

ChumBucket

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 10:41:44 am »
 My 500ltr tank takes about 5 hours to get very warm with 3Kw. Might be worth bearing that in mind.

Dave Willis

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2016, 11:46:48 am »
Yes, we'll see.
Biggest problem is finding a way to hold that flange nut near the bottom of the tank. Haven't worked that one out yet. I'm sure someone managed to get away without one on here in the past?

ChumBucket

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 12:19:45 pm »
Yes, we'll see.
Biggest problem is finding a way to hold that flange nut near the bottom of the tank. Haven't worked that one out yet. I'm sure someone managed to get away without one on here in the past?

Is it just a flange nut Dave or a full mechanical flange?

tlwcs

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 12:43:01 pm »
My 500ltr tank takes about 5 hours to get very warm with 3Kw. Might be worth bearing that in mind.

Is it a lay flat tank? The 3kw in my upright only heats the 2/3 above it and is only warm when I've driven around and the cold mixes

Matt.

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 01:04:28 pm »
See those of u that use hot regularly, what hose do u use from tank to pump and through the nessecary bits.

Reason I ask is

I was working of a roof a few weeks back, and I had access to a hot tap, so connected hose up and filled tank as I was working, no di just tank pump reel.
Every dubilee clip came off, ok so fixed them and tightened them more as the hose was so soft, but at the end of the day the hose had completely lost it's integrity.
It had all like vacuumed in and needed replacing.

Dave Willis

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 01:41:22 pm »
Yes, we'll see.

Is it just a flange nut Dave or a full mechanical flange?

God knows. It's a 2 1/4 brass backnut. I can find the perfect spanner locally but it's the wrong size.
Actually it measures 2 3/4  guess there's a typo on the bill.

Dave Willis

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2016, 01:49:29 pm »
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Immersion-Heater-Spanner/p/421606

This would be ideal - could stuff it on to the end of a metal tube and reach down.

Too big.

Dave Willis

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2016, 02:06:58 pm »
Not sure about that O ring either. There will be bugger all thread showing to get a nut on too  ???

ChumBucket

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2016, 04:07:31 pm »
Your tank wall will be about 1/4" thick Dave if it's a Wydale.
This is what I use- http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p38614?searchstr=mechanical%20flange

It has a slightly longer thread and is easier to fit as there is no element attached to it. It also has three little lumps on the backnut which more often than not grip into the plastic tank wall meaning you can tighten the whole thing up without the need to hold the backnut with a spanner. These little lumps are there to create a space so that solder can flow between the two faces when it is being installed into a conventional copper tank. It also gives a much more robust and secure fitting. I have fitted Four like this and none have required any silicone/sealant at all, only PTFE paste on the threads just to be on the safe side.