This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wtatum

New venture
« on: May 24, 2006, 11:55:54 am »
Hi all,
Just a quick note to lsay how damn helpful this forum has been to me!! I'm about to set up on my own and the help/advice on this forum has proved invaluable and for that a big thanks goes out to all who participate.  ;D ;D

I'm setting up in south wales covering cardiff and the surrounds initially, i have a rather optomistic business plan but it's definately achievable (with alot of hard work).
I'll be starting with domestic cleans and the small businesses, then progresing from there.

Flyers  :-\  Looks like i'll be going down this route of advertising for the immediate future (yes i've read all the posts, not very positive but hey! we all have to start somewhere) 

I'm off on holiday on friday for a week so it'll be all systems go on my return, I'm not under any misconceptions that this is going to be easy but i'm going to give it my all!

once again many thanks for a great informative site

wayne
"It is better to have lived 1 day as a tiger than 1000 years as a sheep!"

Benchmark Hygiene

Re: New venture
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:02:04 pm »
Good Luck it's all about the graft as you say! And if you give it your all i'm sure you'll be fine!

Everyone has to start somewhere - and flyers can be a good form of advertising! - depending on how it looks and your customers -we've had alot if interest and quote's booked from ours - only started handing them out a couple of weeks ago...
Setting Service Standards

Benchmark Hygiene

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 12:12:09 pm »
I'm not sure what type of services you are offering - but phoning potential clients and asking for a facilites manager or a name etc and sending them an introductory letter and literature is also a good way of gettng you noticed....
Setting Service Standards

wtatum

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:22:01 pm »
Thanks Benchmark!!

I'm still deciding on the flyers, (3 to choose from) i'm tempted to give out different ones in different areas and that way decide on the best.(based on response).

I'll be targetting the local companies on my return from holiday.

Thanks
wayne

Ali_D

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 05:56:23 pm »
Hi Wayne

Greetings from sunny Swansea.  I'm in the same boat as you.  I'll be starting up in Cheltenham, hopefully by August.  Is your brain as frazzled as mine?  I didn't know mine was capable of holding so much information (still don't  :o).  I think I'm more or less ready now so can't wait to put everything into practice .  Just bought a bigger car (owch  :-\) so there's no turning back now.  I've had no 'professional' cleaning experience (sorry Benchmark!  ;D) so just sticking to home and office.  Its so daunting, but so are most things the first time you do them.

Good luck and make the most of your holiday, sounds like you may have some blisters when you've finished your flyering. 

Let us know how you get on.

Ali

wtatum

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 06:09:36 pm »
Thanks Ali,

I'll let you know how i get on, i tlooks like i could have my first customer already ( a friend of the misses who isn't happy with her cleaner at the moment but hey what do you expect for £6.00 p/h)

i can't wait to get started and have the plasters for the flyering  ;D ;D ;D ;D

wayne

donmagsino

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 10:16:43 am »
Hello all,

I have started giving leaflets and i've my first customer and that customer refer to her friend and it goes on and on...

The best thing i think is for us to have a cleaner /staff who are reliable, trustworthy and efficient.  If these three (3) characteristic are present, our business will be profitable.  The main asset is: people.

What do you think?

Paul Forster

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 09:05:22 pm »
Domansango,
The best thing i think is for us to have a cleaner /staff who are reliable, trustworthy and efficient. If these three (3) characteristic are present, our business will be profitable. The main asset is: people.

judging by another of your posts then you have failed in all these aspirations

Paul

need a cleaner

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 05:28:04 pm »
 ;D

bevldavies

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 07:40:00 pm »
I started in February, just a small business, I am the only cleaner and I just do domestic cleans.  I got all my customers from 50 flyers, one add in the local mag and one from Yell.com.  Others have come from word of mouth, I also have some leaflets with a local physio who treats people who have had surgery and can't clean.  These are occasional and one off cleans which suit my needs.  I can't take on any more customers and thoroughly recommend it.

Good luck!