This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Best brush for FSG? 😃
« on: July 31, 2016, 12:03:22 pm »
Hi all , I'm just about to order a gardiners brush , which one do you find best (cold water user) for FSG?
Thank you in advance 👍

SeanK

Re: Best brush for FSG? 😃
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 02:21:19 pm »
Xtreme stiff, great scrubbing power and its low weight makes FSG jobs a lot handier.

Tom-01

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 02:36:56 pm »
Never tried a stiff brush for GFS.. Might give it a go.

I've found sill brushes are great for GFS cleans.

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 02:38:58 pm »
Cheers Sean , will the Xtreme stiff last a while ? gonna be using it on conny roof jobs as well you see 🤔

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »
i find the supreme medium best myself or sometimes a supreme soft seems to work well for some reason!!

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 04:07:12 pm »
i find the supreme medium best myself or sometimes a supreme soft seems to work well for some reason!!

Really? I would've expected everyone to say a stiff sill brush , as there's more bristles to get rid of all the green stuff on the gutters  ???

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 04:18:24 pm »
Xtreme stiff, great scrubbing power and its low weight makes FSG jobs a lot handier.

+ 1
I've also started using this on first cleans.
I mainly use gardiners fan jets for fsg cleans. Fit both then you have the option.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smurf

Re: Best brush for FSG?
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 04:47:36 pm »
Unger cobweb brush is what I used today on a 2 storey full exterior job to lightly brush over whilst applying a soft wash mix on FSG's, apex barge boards & soffits, window frames, glass, conservatory roof etc. The chem. does all the work so no real scrubbing power required…

Was dead easy to use as is hardly any weight to it and also gets in all the nooks and crannies too. Then once all the crap was rinsed down with tap waterI just went over again with wfp on all the windows and doors using pure water.

Talk about shiny windows or what  ;D ;D

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 05:28:21 pm »

+ 1
I've also started using this on first cleans.
I mainly use gardiners fan jets for fsg cleans. Fit both then you have the option.

Ok , think il order one , it's not for everyday use so it'll probably last a while 👍

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 05:29:35 pm »
Unger cobweb brush is what I used today on a 2 storey full exterior job to lightly brush over whilst applying a soft wash mix on FSG's, apex barge boards & soffits, window frames, glass, conservatory roof etc. The chem. does all the work so no real scrubbing power required…

Was dead easy to use as is hardly any weight to it and also gets in all the nooks and crannies too. Then once all the crap was rinsed down with tap waterI just went over again with wfp on all the windows and doors using pure water.

You and your cobweb brush lol  ;D
Which Chem do you use smurf?

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 06:18:48 pm »

The exact mix is a trade secret but lets just say it can bleach yer cloths...YEHAA!  ;D ;D

SeanK

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 06:51:46 pm »
Cheers Sean , will the Xtreme stiff last a while ? gonna be using it on conny roof jobs as well you see 🤔

Some of the softer Xtremes don't last well but Iv never had a problem with the stiff.

johnny bravo

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 05:51:37 pm »
gardiners medium sill brush,    a sill brush is the only one i use now

johnny bravo

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 06:01:17 pm »
great for getting under gutters and into crevices,

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 06:54:15 pm »
Just ordered an extreme stiff this morning! cheers guys 👍

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2016, 07:07:27 pm »
I tend to use gardiner sill brushes myself. Either the stiff dt or fully flocked.
I'm sure Alex will be launching a new range  of brushes soon anyway in direct competition to the so say turbo jet hyped up blue one with side bristles on bookfarce as our Alex don’t miss a trick. ;D

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 03:06:24 pm »

The exact mix is a trade secret but lets just say it can bleach yer cloths...YEHAA!  ;D ;D

So.... What do you advise to use them smurf   ???

Shrek

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2016, 03:07:31 pm »
My extreme stiff has arrived.... Where are all the bristles ?! Very lightweight though

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2016, 03:24:07 pm »
My extreme stiff has arrived.... Where are all the bristles ?! Very lightweight though

That's possibly one of the reasons why it's lightweight Shrek  ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2016, 03:26:35 pm »

So.... What do you advise to use them smurf   ???

How about elbow grease as you can get that stuff for free  ;D