This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jo Johnson

user of mops for domestic cleaning
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:47:45 pm »
Hi when i worked in a nursery school we had to use the correct colour mop head for the purpose.  In domestic cleaning does that apply or do you use one mop head per home and then wash it?  many thanks in advance.

David Deer

Re: user of mops for domestic cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 05:15:32 pm »
Depends on the risk and how fastidious you are. Colour codes were developed to simplify the process of separating cleaning into zones related to risk. so you had one for toilets, one for kitchens, one for low risk and so on. This meant that in theory you wouldn't make the mistake of using a mop used or high risk cleans such as body fluids in an area where food was prepared or dressings were changed. Personally I use a microfibre flat mop system as normal mops are not the best method for cleaning.  When I have finished the toilet area I change the mop pad for a new one for the kitchen and again for each room. That way I don't have to unscrew the mop head every time or carry 5 different types of mop and 5 buckets. Then I wash them out and  pop them in the washing machine (don't use fabric conditioner) and use them again.

Jo Johnson

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 08:59:26 pm »
Thanks David that has helped me choose which mops to go for.  :)

dustee

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 08:18:55 pm »
I'm with David on this  , microfiber all the time and hell of a lot easier than all that faffing about with normal mops