This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

30-35 hours per week including admin,collecting and "end of day " jobs(purifying water etc).

most weekends off and 2 months off a year(2 weeks xmas,2 holidays abroad at least,sometimes 3)a few weeks off for DIY/sickness etc.

this schedule stops me from getting too bored with window cleaning and prevents "burn out".

what hours do you guys put in on average?and do you take a break?

i know some of you guys work 7 days a week either because you have a large family/bills or are workaholics and are working very hard now to be able to be materially better off in the distant future.
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

I do around 20 hours a week over 52 weeks on the glass and around 1 or 2  hours a week on all the rest.
Don't mind working the odd weekend if it means I don't have to work in heavy rain.

Soupy

In my 20s I was doing around 50-60 hrs per week but I was doing 25-35 hrs on windows 15-25 hrs on admin.

I'm full time admin now 40 hrs per week.

SeanK

In my 20s I was doing around 50-60 hrs per week but I was doing 25-35 hrs on windows 15-25 hrs on admin.

Some big shots on here, and all that crying over losing a few quid on holiday Euros, lol.

AuRavelling79

I reckon I do about 100 hours a month either on the glass or driving to or between jobs.

This can be made up from days where I do 4 hours to days where I do 8 hours but usually I aim for 5 - 7 hour days if I have no need to cram work in due to impending bad weather or holiday time.

Making water, cleaning the van, maintenance and admin probably adds a few hours a month.

Holidays are a real variable - every few years we might push the boat out and have a "nice holiday" outside Europe and have a fortnight off. Once a year we usually have a week off and we have several long weekends either in our caravan or a Premier Inn. The plan is to increase the "nice holidays" a bit!  ;D

I also go on boys days out with my bro. a few times a year - Science Museum/Heritage railway/Cycle trip that sort of thing.

It's a game of three halves!

Matt.

Over the last 20 years I have been putting in 80 plus hour weeks in, my little one is off to uni out if town in September, so started changing  things round as far as work goes.

At the start of the year I let a lot of shop work go, to try and focus on bigger jobs in the hope I would be able to reduce the days I worked currently doing 7 still but Sunday is just 3 hrs now, by the time January comes I should be more organised, and will be rid of all shop work which will allow me to have some kind if life with the mrs.

Good on u daz u av it well organised, I have just been a salve to the industry while my kids was growing up but thing looking good.
I prob average between 50-60 hrs working on the glass, and the mrs does all me paper work now

Soupy

Some big shots on here, and all that crying over losing a few quid on holiday Euros, lol.

Big shot  ???

I ain't no big shot Sean. I cant even afford an Apple mac.

nathankaye

For 14 yrs cleaning old school ways (ladder, mop, squeegee, bucket n scrims etc), i work four rounds, one per week. Old school ways, saw me working mon to fri 4 wks a month, from 9-5 or 6. I even worked the odd sundays if weather was bad and thats no fun! Including collecting n traveling prob between 50/60hrs a wk, plus every bank holiday and maybe a wk off at xmass (pending how weather was)

If anyone needs a reason to go onto wfp, heres a great one, apart from obvious H&S.
Due to switching onto wfp and been doing so for a yr. One round is still mon till fri 9-5. But the rest of the weeks, i work maybe 2 or 3 days per week. Its cut my work time and efficiencey right down  ;D
If i blitz through ny work instead of spacing it per wk, i would probably have 2 wks of per month now. Its great  ;D
Water proofs on when it rains. No worries anymore. Same great income for less effort.
Its allowed me to add pressure washing to my services which i schedule for on my days off.
Im sadly late 30's now, 3 great kids. Got married young for 12yrs n 3 kids to my X (before she did dirty) as well. So a lot of expenditure is required, finally i can expand with added time n pressure washing will allow my new family more family breaks.
If your not on wfp, what are you guys waiting for!?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

Just been sorting myself out with this over the last few weeks.

realised i dont do that much actual physical graft, but do a fair bit of "extras"

Monday - Thursday 9-3  out doing  physical work
Friday 9-1 physical work

So 28 hours approx actual graft.

Id say about 2 hours a day doing other bits like ordering stuff, sorting book, chasing payers, updating website, posting on facebook, texting for next day, answering phone. This is usually straight after i get in but i try to do half hour or so on a morning as im usually up fairly early and like to get the days work out of the way.

So im usually all done by 4pm mon-thurs, by 2pm on a friday after which i put my phone on silent and shut off, do my hobbys or whatever.

I have my kids over from friday 5pm til late saturday and looking after 3 is no mean feat so the only full day i really get off to do what i want/relax is sunday hence why im a bit light during the week and like to make the most of my evenings

The only exception to the above is at the minute im spending a fair bit of time learning how to make and seo websites, more a hobby/interest though than work.

personally i dont have any interest in flogging myself to death 7 days a week, 10 years ago i would have but now money isnt that important to me, i have a roof over my head, have a car and all the modern things, so more money would just mean i have a bigger house, better car and more expensive modern things. Its really not going to make life any better would rather have other interests and enjoy holidays.

I think you have to have a certain level of comfort in life, its nice to be able to take a few hols a year and not have to watch every penny, but once thats accomplished then its all good. Mind you 12 months ago i was earning £1200  month in aminimum wage job, so as you can imagine working only 25 hours or so on a typical windows cleaners salary feels a lot more comfortable without it being anywhere near what a lot of lads earn

edward1

im working now ,doing my vat ,so boring  :'(

DaveG

20-25 hours per week
You can't polish a turd

G Griffin

Don't know and don't care.
I'm too busy looking after myself spiritually.
Shalom. 
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

Over the last 20 years I have been putting in 80 plus hour weeks in, my little one is off to uni out if town in September, so started changing  things round as far as work goes.

At the start of the year I let a lot of shop work go, to try and focus on bigger jobs in the hope I would be able to reduce the days I worked currently doing 7 still but Sunday is just 3 hrs now, by the time January comes I should be more organised, and will be rid of all shop work which will allow me to have some kind if life with the mrs.

Good on u daz u av it well organised, I have just been a salve to the industry while my kids was growing up but thing looking good.
I prob average between 50-60 hrs working on the glass, and the mrs does all me paper work now

wow.80 hours a week over the last 20 years?i used to do 60 hour weeks working on a plant nursery when i left school and could only manage it for a few years before i walked out.

fair play to you but surely its time to take things a little easier now?

you cant buy back time.in fact time is the most precious thing.it slips away so quickly esp when working long hours.

dazmond

are you overweight now your not on the tools?and do you miss  being out and about  window cleaning mate?

Soupy

are you overweight now your not on the tools?and do you miss  being out and about  window cleaning mate?

lol. I stopped cleaning windows in 2009, just after I got married. I bought a kilt for my wedding, I'm going to a cousins wedding on Saturday, I needed to get it taken out 6 inches  :o but to be fair my waist was only 27" back then.

I do miss cleaning windows (on sunny days) but unfortunately due to health issues it's not an option.