Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Molloy

Draft Marks
« on: July 18, 2016, 10:33:41 am »
I have a job that I am doing on Thursday this week, where the carpet meets the skirting board, there are black marks along the length of the skirting board. I have come across this before and have managed to reduce the stain but frustratingly, never quite removed them.
I have used a mix of orange x / split x 1:10 with an oxy booster.
Has anyone else got a solution to fully remove this problem?

Thanks

Tom

www.nethermoorcc.co.uk
Nethermoor Carpet Care
Age UK Trusted Trader for that peace of mind

Robin Ray

Re: Draft Marks
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 05:31:23 pm »
That should do the trick, you need to agitate well and flush well. Don't be afraid to spray the area with the wand from a distance then vac up the water to ensure a good flush through. Edges can be difficult to rinse, especially with a glide on.

Other chems to consider are prochem filter out, ultrapac renovate and citra boost.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 07:00:14 pm »
I give it a good wetting with what Ever is  in the hydrforce then use a long handled bog brush to scrub it in......

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy4RLU1IwPk
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steven Butler

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 07:16:17 pm »
Mike...thats absolute class!!

I like and respect how you dont bullsh!t and make things more complicated than they are.

Respect pal

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 07:59:43 pm »
I use one of these - https://stonecleaningproducts.co.uk/product/4-ft-long-handle-grout-line-scrub-brush/

Careful on wool though.

Chems I use on this problem are Prochem Ultrapac Renovate and Prochem Citrus Gel. I have seen on here that others have used Hydrogen Peroxide but I never tried it on filtration marks.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

tim handley

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 12:10:19 am »
ive struggled with these but find a good spray with filter out, and a bit of a dwell really helps solve the problem......

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 05:51:36 pm »
that is brilliant Mike, where would one  purchase such a brush?

Logan Brown

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 06:03:10 pm »
I've got to get one of those. I love how much easier is can make our jobs.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 06:14:30 pm »
but where did you  buy it?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 09:32:08 pm »
We have an ARCO shop in hull that sells industrial supplies, I bought the head from  there  and just fitted a brush handle.

We use that brush for edging  the room  before cleaning it's good for pulling out the crap right in the edge as well as filtration marks.

I also gave the grout brush that deep clean listed but find it too stiff and bounces about on some carpets, I use it as a hand brush on stairs
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mr muzzy

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 08:01:37 am »
but where did you  buy it?
    restormate do them brushes I use them to really good

Neil Worsnop

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 11:34:54 am »
I've always used 25p dishwashing brushes from Ikea but now have long handled bog brush envy.

John Kelly

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 04:01:24 pm »
The black marks are usually a high proportion of Diesel exhaust soot which is in the atmosphere and has been filtered out by the carpet fibres as it blows through the gaps in the floorboards and skirtings.
You need a product which is designed to break the bond between this type of soiling and the fibres. Filter Out and Ultrapac Renovate are 2 of the best.

tim handley

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 08:18:16 pm »
do you stock those brushes Jon?

Steven Butler

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 07:40:15 am »
Ive just bought a grout cleaning brush from JK and they are perfect for the job.

Hilton

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 10:47:09 am »
What has not been said is that you need to let the customer know that they will return pretty quickly after the cleaning and this is out of your control.

Unless you or they seal the gaps between the floor and the skirting boards, tape the joins on the underlay point out any damage to the backing of the carpet by being fitted to aggressively, you may find they are calling you back.

Just let them know that its caused by atmospheric conditions and will return unless the above is carried out and then thats you covered.