This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MarcusEV

Hi All,

First time poster, so please excuse if this is listed somewhere else.

My partner has set up a new domestic cleaning business and is now fully booked, so we are looking at bring staff on board (either as employed or self-employed) options to suit them to be honest.

We've got the business aspect set up, full insured and DBS checks in place etc.
Employment contracts or COntractor Agreements are no problems as well

My query is related to the regulatory policies such as COSHH (http://www.hse.gov.uk/coshh/industry/cleaning.htm), I have spoken to many cleaners in the past few months who haven't heard of this, let alone been through training for it, which leads me to ask, is this a requirement? I would assume that there should be industry standards in place and we really want to ensure that we cover all bases.

Lots of people have advise about staffing and advertising etc, but very few mention about this or what training is required to be provided to staff etc. Can anyone recommend someone to speak to?

I wasted some money on the DCASSS, I say wasted, as I had actually found most of what was sold, online, but I can see it's benefit for new starters.

Any guidance to procedures, policies, operations manuals would be greatly appreciated - is this a necessity or an ideal to have?