Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Marius Alexandru

Marketing For new Guys
« on: July 01, 2016, 03:31:35 pm »
I'm trying to find ways of marketing, I'm doing ppc at the moment which isn't working that great, had 10 clicks but nothing. What other ways are there?

JandS

Re: Marketing For new Guys
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 04:26:44 pm »
Facebook..........packed in with Google adwords 2 months ago...whatever they say it's a rip off...Yellow Pages ads were coming up in front of me and that to me is unfair.
Facebook takes time but when it kicks in it's pretty good....
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Robert Watson

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 06:37:08 pm »
If your just starting and wanted work quick. Do what most people have a problem doing,  ask. Grow a pair and go knocking, "Hi I`m really sorry to disturb you, I`m Robert, bla bla, here`s some information if I can be of any help."  If it`s been on their mind, bingo.  It works, the hardest part is getting your ass out there and doing it. I once got a job on my first knock, the rest of the knocking was easy that day.  Wouldn`t be keen on doing it again, but if needs must.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Marius Alexandru

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 04:56:35 am »
Robert I personally wouldn't do it, I don't know why, maybe because i'm scared that people might say f**** off and stuff light that, however I would go out to Marks & Spencer & Waitrose and give some business cards out.

What other methods are out there of marketing?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 06:20:53 am »
Leaflets!!

Get a couple of young kids off gumtree working 3hrs on a Saturday & Sunday morning, go out with them (so that 18 man hours of leafleting) and within 4-6 weeks you will be working full time.

You will need to keep the gumtree ad running as you will get a lot of idiots but tell them you let everyone have a weekend trial so they can find out if the like the job, if you have a car you can take 3 out every weekend. After a while you will find a couple of decent people.

After 6 weeks and you are busy make one of them a full time leafleters/ helper.

I can honestly say I could move to any area in the uk use this system and start up as a carpet cleaner and be earning good money within 4-6 weeks

BUT YOU MUST COMMIT TO 6 WEEKS ........NOT GIVE IN AFTER 2 WEEKS BECAUSE NO ONE HAS CALLED,!!!
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 11:58:28 am »
mike

would 6 weeks be all different houses or would that include a second visit say in 3 weeks?

Would you target a certain demographic or every holes a goal?

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 12:06:34 pm »
Robert ..... If you are talking about knocking on domestic properties, I wouldn't bother, not in my area anyway. Nearly every house has a no cold calling sticker. I tried it with once with one of my staff knocking doors. He got constant abuse, was nearly attacked a few times and even had the police lecture him a few times for doing it. Cold calling died out a long time ago, there are so many no cold calling zones now and it makes you look desperate or a traveler. It still works for business though but has to be done regularly to work as it can take 3 or 4 visits until you get to speak to the decision maker.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Robert Watson

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 09:40:10 pm »
All I`m trying to say is, if your new and things are getting a bit "worrying". There is something you can do, not many hit the ground running. Hope this helps.
The Kitchen Door Centre

Marius Alexandru

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 11:03:58 pm »
What do you guys think of adowrds?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 06:45:30 am »
mike

would 6 weeks be all different houses or would that include a second visit say in 3 weeks?

I used to think that a monthly rotation was the best way but that was because I use a company  that covered my local area every month so it was easier just to constantly repeat, but I think you do need to dominate your local area unless you  live in a poverty stricken area then I would choose the nearest area with quality homes.

Marius, I found Adwords brought in a massive amount of young callers who were only interested in price I did'nt get a lot of quality work. It also covered too large an area, I do an I home quite for most jobs so cannot afford to be travelling miles for Job

Jason Carter

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 11:44:02 am »
Mike

Are you paying the distributors an hourly rate or per thousand?

Also, how many are you delivering each week?

Many thanks

derek west

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2016, 04:09:04 pm »
mike

I used to think that a monthly rotation was the best way but that was because I use a company  that covered my local area every month so it was easier just to constantly repeat, but I think you do need to dominate your local area unless you  live in a poverty stricken area then I would choose the nearest area with quality homes.

Marius, I found Adwords brought in a massive amount of young callers who were only interested in price I did'nt get a lot of quality work. It also covered too large an area, I do an I home quite for most jobs so cannot afford to be travelling miles for Job

dya think this would work for a rug cleaning studio to  get us up and flowing ?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2016, 05:57:58 pm »
mike

dya think this would work for a rug cleaning studio to  get us up and flowing ?

Double sided flyer. One for hard floors and one for rugs (with a mention of upholstery and carpets). Two birds with one stone.

Or just look through their window to see if you have a rug of value lol

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 06:11:26 am »
Jason I paid just above the minimum wage for thier age unless they were 16 then paid more, you can't pay per 1000 as they would be tempted to dump them to up the number delivered.

I have my mate working for me at the moment, he's 46 and I pay him £10/hr  which is the most I have ever paid but he is worth it. He easily covers his wage with the amount of work he brings in and he is great with customers and can be left on jobs to work if I have any quote to do.

Derek I think rug cleaning is too small a market to dedicate a full leaflet to do as Dawg says and dedicate a side of the leaflet but not all of it

Ian Harper

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 07:06:28 am »
Marius Alexandru

Some great advise above.

I would point out you have media and message. media is leaflets, internet, sales letters. the message is what you say with that media. why should someone buy from you. just saying "Hi I am your name and I clean carpets" is not going to make them call. give them a reason to call.

The big problem these days s is that prospects are wise to the old what I call the non transparent offers, like 50% off or buy one get one free.

You have to think outside the box. looking out side carpet cleaning for ideas that are proven that work and then adapt them for carpet cleaning. saves a lots of testing.

With regards about how often you should use any media? as long as the message works, at first that can be quite often but then the time span might get longer. doing A B tests on everything you do will tell you what is your best. do not think you know what works let the market tell you.

dont just stick to one message as prospect block out what they seen before. I even change the format say A4 one time then bi fold the next. colour can help as well, change the colour of the paper/ text.

Style is another area. in the old yellow pages days this was the way you could make your business stand out when you have business selling the same thing around you. you can combine both style with message. mixing it up all the time, never standing still. the moment you stand still you moving backwards.

many times people give up on a media when all thats needed is a new message.

Its a shame that joe polish has gone onto bigger things now as he had it all down in a nice package. many of you new guys are missing out on a big lesson. just look out for Direct response marketing as that is what he was teaching.

Good Luck

elliott cleaning

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 08:08:04 pm »
Ian

Where do you get all your advice from - a combination of marketing books???

I've criticised one of your posts on another thread - don't take it to heart - but alot of what you propose to those wanting to get into the industry is not wise and somewhat vague. To me it sounds a bit like American business speak:-

"You need to 'drill down', - look at the 'strategic stairway' , -  then take a 'high altitude view' -  in order not to 'wrongside the demographic'

There you go - one short paragraph and any newcomer will be on the road to sucess

Dan Spare

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 11:10:45 pm »
Ive just listened to Cleaner Profits.

I've got a lot out of it (ideas) and would say it's good value.

Ian Harper

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 07:22:48 am »
elliott cleaning

we all have a level of understanding of any subject. have you never had that moment when you get a piece of info and it links lots of other stuff together. that is just floating around in your head. knowledge is a journey and not a destination . I have lots to learn and you might be right, but until I find that piece of info that links it all together for me. sorry

benny d

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2016, 07:44:33 am »
I think Ian and Robert Saunders (ex Alltec), would have been the best of buddies  ;D
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Marius Alexandru

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2016, 09:34:59 pm »
Hi all,

Thinking of joyining rated people, any advice on this platform or simmilar platforms? i didnt get any calls in 3 days now! .