This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

soft wash mix
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:02:23 am »
ive now started to use hypo when pressure washing and at long last i can feel happy with the results, no more black lichen!
Due to all the praise on this forum for the gardiner back pack, ordered mine on sunday night ready for gardiner to have it monday and tuesday had it delivered! That was fantastic and a great piece of kit too. the reason for it, is so i can start to add soft washing for some of my clients have minging and old render, but still relatively new to this (soft washing n using chemicals), so i hope you all dont mind some complete novice questions. ive spent several nights trying to research it but when i think im getting somewhere the sites then want to sell me something, either memberships or to buy their own solutions.

when im pressure washing i just add hypo with squirty (washing up liquid) and that has worked a treat. Is that the same for render when house washing, or do i need to dilute more than a 1:4 ratio of hypo/water??
Also do i pre soak the house (as i do on surouning grass n plants when doing patio slabs etc), so the mix works just on the surface as not to damage painted render??
thank you in advance for any pointers
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smudger

Re: soft wash mix
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 09:45:14 am »
If you have bushes and plant very close to the wall then I would cover them or pre wet them, ( I'm talking within a couple of feet  )

If applying through backpack and WFP just lightly apply wash and scrub the rendered wall I would use a dilution of 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 never any weaker

Then low pressure rinse after 15 to 20 mins

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk