Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markbetts

Need help choosing machine
« on: June 19, 2016, 08:12:07 pm »
Howdy

Thinking of returning back to the game .

Have narrowed down to 2 machines .
Reason for the choice is that most of the time will run from the van .
Ashbys Enforcer 600 psi inbuilt heat exchanger with the option of adding in tank immersion heater .

Or
Clean smart air flex storm in line heater no option as far as I can see for in tank immersion heater .

Apologies if this has been covered before .

Thanks

Mark

Simon Campbell

Re: Need help choosing machine
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 08:18:51 pm »
Storm for me

markbetts

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 08:28:49 pm »

tim handley

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 08:40:33 pm »
I use a storm, i keep it on the van 95% of the time, never misses a beat,  i now use  an inline heater as well which makes it simply superb, it was bloody good without the heat by the way!!    I run it with 75 foot hose length most of the time, i often run it at 100 foot as well and have just bought another 25foot for a job this week, so its going to be cleaning at  125 foot which i know it will cope with... (i have a vac booster pod as well ). cannot comment on the  enforcer other than to say i spent ages researching before i bought the storm, one of the machines i researched was indeed the enforcer which looks a great bit of kit, but after looking on line at various issues i went for the storm from cleansmart, im glad i did.......... hope the machine you choose works for you and good luck mate! 

markbetts

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 08:57:25 pm »
Thanks Tim

Do you use the auto fill / dump feature ?

john martin

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 09:44:28 pm »
As you can get the Enforcer in the same spec as the Storm  .....  and you can get an airflex in the same spec as an Enforcer  , it might come down to which plastic body is better ? 
The Enforcer can stay out in the rain ... its a really well though out design , has the slight edge over an Airflex imo .

Actually there is more configuration choice with the enforcer range for eg u can have the 6.6 vacs in series .  You can have an immersion with the 6.6vacs .     I would get an external steam mate though also .

markbetts

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 11:34:29 pm »
are the 6.6 vacs more powerful then ?

Thanks

markbetts

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 11:36:38 pm »
Ok , to throw another in the mix , how does the Alltec evolution stack up ?

If anyone has any experience of this

Cheers

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 08:48:12 am »
Alltec's are really nice, well engineered machines.

However, you will need the hands of a new born Chinese baby to get in there to do anything yourself!

I believe when they have the machines in to do the water pumps, they have the machines upside down on the bench!

Dennis

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 11:39:22 am »
Did you leave to be a full time photographer? Glamour models was it?  ;D ;)

sean oregan

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 01:08:23 pm »
There are some poorly built machines out there so beware but none of the machines mentioned above are bad

GarryN

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 01:08:58 pm »
The question I have is what pump and what features, alltec work out more expensive in both cases but when it comes down to storm or pro it gets a bit more difficult, if you are running from the van then clearly storm, but if not you then get issues, bigger pump not needed for carpet, better extraction which also depends on pump putting water down in the first place, it gets a bit complicated. If you are only doing carpets what would you choose and why.

markbetts

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 05:29:50 pm »
I was thinking of offering hard floor cleaning as well so 600 psi

The psi can be turned down for carpets , most of the time left on can so would have to be capable of running 100ft.
Other requirement would be heat as well

Has anybody any experience with the auto fill / dump features on these machines ?

Thanks

sean oregan

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 12:22:17 am »
I have the storm with auto empty and auto fill but never used them.
I fill machine and by the time I have used a tank full of water it's tea Break time so I then empty and re fill

markbetts

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 10:57:51 am »
Do you leave it on the van ?
If so have you seperate tanks etc for waste etc ?

Thanks

Marius Alexandru

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 12:54:11 pm »
I bought recently  a second hand 800 psi airflex storm, the machine is incredible, I use it at 100ft from the van.

I would buy a high psi machine because in the feature you might want to do hard floors and stuff like that so you don't need to upgrade the pump.

I chose the airflex storm over the enforcer because of the service and how helpfull the guys at cleansmart are. I also had  a brand new inforcer in mind, tried it at a friend and it failed to deliver

john martin

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 03:05:19 pm »
I bought recently  a second hand 800 psi airflex storm, the machine is incredible, I use it at 100ft from the van.

I would buy a high psi machine because in the feature you might want to do hard floors and stuff like that so you don't need to upgrade the pump.

I chose the airflex storm over the enforcer because of the service and how helpfull the guys at cleansmart are. I also had  a brand new inforcer in mind, tried it at a friend and it failed to deliver
Chances are you didn't compare a similar spec enforcer or u didn't use 2" on the enforcer or whatever .

Ian Harper

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 10:35:57 am »
markbetts

number one its not the machine it the after sales service.

http://www.amtechuk.co.uk/

markbetts

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 11:46:06 am »
Hi Ian

Yes That is my consideration also , tbh I have only had dealings with one company in the past and their after sales was 100%.

Unfortunately the machine doesn't tick my boxes in theory  :)

From recommendations on here clean smart seem to be my choice at the moment

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

Mark

john martin

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 12:04:57 pm »
markbetts

number one its not the machine it the after sales service.

http://www.amtechuk.co.uk/
Couple of times iv bought from amtech , pleasure to deal with .
They have no competitive machine against the storm/enforcer/evolution
Powerflite makers seem to be switching most of the machines to a single 6.6 . and they have nothing with 2" hose .  some lazy effort from an american supplier with no proper research or interest in the UK market .