This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sunshine windows

Rising early......... ooh er missus
« on: June 08, 2016, 11:50:30 am »
Ok you bunch of pervs, i'm not talking about that!

I'm starting to wake up at stupid o'clock because of the early sunrise and bird song.  Anywhere between 4-5 o'clock over the last few days, it's doing my nut in.

Anyone else struggle to sleep through during the summer?
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Soupy

Re: Rising early......... ooh er missus
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 11:55:32 am »
I rarely sleep past 4:30 from mid May through to late July

:'(

*Hector*

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 12:11:31 pm »
I get up at 0400 anyway, but.... this year I have put some home made shutters on the window, and these keep the light out very well in conjunction with the curtains....

blackout blinds were useless in the past few years, as the light comes in over the top and round the sides...
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Soupy

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:23 pm »
I get up at 0400 anyway, but....

Yeah, I heard that sort of thing happens to old folk.

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 12:21:57 pm »
Lance, It sounds to me you may have a lot on your mind or just not working hard enough to warrant getting a good full recommended 8 hours sleep.

I sleep with the curtains open with a blaring street light through the window when it's dark no problem and just get up when I want.

I don't do getting up at silly o'clock anymore unless I have too as like my sleep way too much now.

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 12:39:04 pm »
I go to the loo at 6am every morning, trouble is I don't get up til 7.
You can't polish a turd

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 12:50:48 pm »
I generally get up and go to the loo during the night at least 2 times.
Probably is all sociological from my childhood bed wetting days who knows   ;D ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 01:02:12 pm »
I get up at 0400 anyway, but....

Yeah, I heard that sort of thing happens to old folk.

Bog off Soupers....  :P :P

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Rob clarke

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 02:03:35 pm »
Birds woke me up 5.30 this morning was not happy  >:(

Michael Peterson

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 04:25:20 pm »
8 hours sleep if flawed and simply wrong, everyone is different some are fine on 5 hours, its the invention of eletricity which has messed up our sleeping paterns or we would go to sleep when dark and wake up when light, also not even that long ago we had a first and second sleep with an hour or so in the night where we would wake etc before returning to bed for our second sleep

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 10:47:03 pm »
You can get adult dypers which might help sleep dry n comfortable for full night
 ;D ;D
Lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 12:10:39 am »
Black out blinds to sleep and neighbour's dog barks when she's let out in the morning at 6ish  which sets my dog off when it's time to get up, no need for alarm clock and frigging budgies make a good pre alarm when the sun rises in the east and the birds outside start chattering to each other, who needs alarm clocks.  Don't even need a watch to approximately guess the time by the position of the sun when it's out.

Positivity

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 07:08:23 am »
B*****y Wood Pigeons - coo - coo - coo!!!
They start at about 4 a.m.
I'd love to be able to keep the windows open but them pigeons could wake the dead!

Tom-01

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 07:53:38 am »
Black out blinds to sleep and neighbour's dog barks when she's let out in the morning at 6ish  which sets my dog off when it's time to get up, no need for alarm clock and frigging budgies make a good pre alarm when the sun rises in the east and the birds outside start chattering to each other, who needs alarm clocks.  Don't even need a watch to approximately guess the time by the position of the sun when it's out.

Do you live in the woods?

Smurf

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 12:22:27 pm »
I actually woke up at 5.30 am this morning and was contemplating getting up. Then thought sod it even though by then I've had 8 hours sleep after feeling unwell after going to bed at 9pm last night. I went back to sleep no problem and eventually got up at 8am.

I've had years of having to set an alarm clock or got woken up by the kids at stupid "o’clock etc so now my time is my own which is nice. That is apart from when the grandchildren stop overnight which is a stark reminder to how the hell did the wife and I cope for all those years suffering with sleep deprivation.

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 04:58:54 pm »
I generally go to bed at about 11 and get up about 7. Usually waking once to excrete urine fron my flaccid thingy.

Light levels have never made a bit of difference to my sleep