Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Sticky carpet
« on: March 04, 2016, 03:35:34 pm »
Been asked to look at a carpet that has been covered up for 4 weeks with a self adhesive plastic to protect it whilst a bathroom was fitted.On removal  the carpet feels sticky to the touch.

Its a stairs and landing and a bedroom so a large area.

Any ideas of removal please.

I had thought about using Heavy Duty Soil Lifteras that has a solvent in it I think.Long dwell and good agitation.

Would this be any good.

Thanks Wayne

Re: Sticky carpet
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 04:16:17 pm »
Hi, had something similar a while ago it was builders adhesive plastic over a conservatory carpet, when it was taken off the carpet was sticky. I used multisolve let dwell, agitated, extracted with F90 and a final rinse. Worked a treat

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 04:29:55 pm »
What is multisolve and who supplies it

sean oregan

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 04:58:49 pm »
John at Restoremate it's a craftex product.
Anything with a solvent content would deal with it but I have sorted it before with just a good rinse after using nemisis hot also from Restoremate
Derek
Did you extract it twice ?

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 05:09:00 pm »
Yes, just because there was a bit of shading where the plastic had been pulled off.

Tony Stewart

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 05:45:52 pm »
Wayne
Citrus Prespray agitate with a crb machine and extract with maximum heat.
Solvex or POG but that needs to be done really before if it's really bad. I just did the line above and it came out.
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Paul Moss

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 06:17:48 am »
Come across this a few times over the years. It's a common problem in the building trade but a good money earner too.
You need a chemical that is solvent based or alcohol based to fully remove it. Anything water based will not fully remove it all no matter how much agitation you do before hwe and you will find that you will get a call back as some areas will resoil as the sticky that's left attracts the muck.

I have resolved this by just misting a solvent over the areas and padding or getting on your hands and knees with white cotton towels. The only thing to take into account doing it this way is odour issues though so out of hours may be needed.