This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

karl darby

oven cleaning
« on: May 17, 2006, 02:19:24 pm »
hi all firstly many thanks  for all the free advice i keep getting by reading all the comments. i am still heavly looking into starting up on my own after ten years working for a large cleaning or facilities management company as they most like to be called these days have pretty much given up on idea of franchising due to the extorsionate costs envolved i.e one man + van oven cleaning works out at  18k+, so down to two companies to do private found out quite a bit about ovenmaster but need to know if anyone has had any dealings with]b]the oven cleaning company [/b] based in farnham surrey. any comments duely appriciated

K Davis

Re: oven cleaning
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:14:34 am »
They use the best system for cleaning ovens and are the most affordable, as well as being friendly, helpful and reliable and provide all ongoing support without extra cost!!
See www.ovencleaning.net, members page, for some companies that have trained through them. 

Andrew P

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 11:38:26 am »
That last reply wouldn't be from the same Karen davis that owns said oven cleaning company would it  ;)

clifford123

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 05:45:32 pm »
hi karen
not quite sure how can make the claim that you have the best oven cleaning system!!! but what i do no is, you are not the most affordable  ;) as far as ongoing support, there are a number of companies who make no charge whatsoever for this ongoing service...i would suggest that anyone interested should  visit 2 or 3 companies before you make a decision 8)
cheers
dave

K Davis

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 12:05:39 pm »
There is no charge for ongoing support.  If you want cheap, well have you heard of the saying 'you get what you pay for'  £2K (incl.) for 9 years experience and all ongoing support is good value for money in my opinion!

chrisoleary

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 02:08:29 pm »
Hi Karen, I am thinking of starting oven cleaning, can you tell me what is included in your system/package.
power2clean...patios...driveways...block paving...decking...garden furniture...power2clean...Cumbria.

grahamed

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 02:47:23 pm »
Hi! - give us a try!

Freephone 0800 389 3675.

Regards,

Graham

Excel Oven Clean

grahamed

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 02:48:35 pm »
Hi! - give us a try!

Freephone 0800 389 3675.

Regards,

Graham

Excel Oven Clean
hi all firstly many thanks  for all the free advice i keep getting by reading all the comments. i am still heavly looking into starting up on my own after ten years working for a large cleaning or facilities management company as they most like to be called these days have pretty much given up on idea of franchising due to the extorsionate costs envolved i.e one man + van oven cleaning works out at  18k+, so down to two companies to do private found out quite a bit about ovenmaster but need to know if anyone has had any dealings with]b]the oven cleaning company [/b] based in farnham surrey. any comments duely appriciated

ollie

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 09:31:34 pm »
Hi all,
what sort of price can you achieve per oven? Do you view before quoting or do you have fixed prices? Im thinking of branching into it myself.
Thanks
Ollie
ollie

servicecleaningman

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 10:33:34 pm »
Hi  Ollie
Just saw your message thought i would answer .
I've had a oven cleaning business for near on 3 years and found it pretty hard at first, as people didn't get the idea of somebody coming to clean the oven plus i've found out that some people are embarressed so they won't call you in to do the job but once you have there they don't forget you and soon pass the word on about  you . A lot of women find it funny to see a man cleaning the oven.
Back to you question
I charge £40 - single  1.5 hrs average work
              £45 - double 2 - 2.5 hrs average
 plus i do hobs ,extractors change filter
 I book 2 jobs aday and cover about £110
The running cost is very little for a few hours.You could do more but i don't really want to .
Work does not rule my life as long as i earn enough to pay the bill,isn't that  WHY WE ARE SELF-EMPLOYED

Chris

bulldug

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 10:45:01 pm »
Ollie, prices vary according to region and size of oven(s) being cleaned. For example a range cooker in, say, London would be priced  differently than a range cooker in Belfast and the price for a double oven clean would be much smaller than the price for a range cooker clean.
The best thing you can do is ghost call a few oven cleaning companies in your area and take an average of the price that they are charging, then get stuck in!
On the subject of "getting stuck in" unless you are pretty confident that you know what you are doing with regards oven cleaning chemicals etc and the do's and dont's of oven cleaning I would get some sort of training under my belt....or some really good liability insurance!!
Good Luck if you decide to go ahead with it, it's not rocket science but a lot of damage to you, the client or the clients cooker could be done if you get it wrong.
Whatever you do...Enjoy!
Tom
Oven Valeting Services..Forget nicotine patches, give us a call and we'll stop your oven smoking!!

Prestige1

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 11:21:09 pm »
Servicecleaning man
can you tell us what syatem you use and what chemicals? kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

chrisoleary

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 09:52:13 am »
I am currently looking at ovenmasters package. They seem genuine and will explain all training and equipment supplied. I have requested this from others including this thread but they will not let you know what you get for your money.
Anyone dealt with ovenmaster or any other???
power2clean...patios...driveways...block paving...decking...garden furniture...power2clean...Cumbria.

bulldug

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 12:05:16 pm »
chrisoleary,
I was trained by Excel Oven Clean, based at Swadlincote, Derbyshire.
For my money I recieved one days training (including health and safety training), dip tank, gas burner and enough cleaning materials/chemicals to last approx one months jobs. Also as part of the package is free technical backup six days a week from 08:30 until 18:00.
I have contacted the guys a few times with normal startup problems and they could not have been more helpfull, I was and still am well impressed by their set-up.
I can only suggest that you give them a phone (0800 389 3675) and have a chat, they will explain everything you need to know, speak to Graham, he'll give you the up to date cost of the full package.
Hope this helps and good luck
Tom
Oven Valeting Services..Forget nicotine patches, give us a call and we'll stop your oven smoking!!

chrisoleary

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 12:43:13 pm »
Thanks Tom, I'll give them a ring also.

clifford123

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 02:05:08 pm »
hi chris
just finished 2 jobs, knackered but £100 for 4hrs work.....anyway you asked about ovenmaster....i did my training with ian robinshaw and found him a very genuine person. ian does the grafting and gill his partner does the admin. etc: both are very helpfull with ongoing advice after training. for instance they have designed various adverts and will taylor them to your own spec. This in itself saves a load of money on artwork. As far as training is concerned it's much the same as excel. ian will pay for an overnight stay in a local hotel. The following day you will go out with him on actual oven cleaning jobs (be prepared for some grafting)...if you want your van sign written this can be done while your out on the day (i got mine done beforehand for a good bit cheaper)...all your kit, chemicals, dip tank etc: is waiting for you at the end of the day. usually finished around 4pm....you get absolutely everything you need to start, and last for around 50 or 60 jobs, more than enough to recope your investment (£2000)....
apart from your van you will need to budget a fair bit for various forms of advertising to get you started, although this should reduce as you become known and established. As with anything else the cheapest form of advertising is word of mouth. Both my customers this morning were amazed at the finish, and i'm not exagerating. both eager to tell their work colleagues, neighbours etc: Because this business takes time to establish i have chosen start on a part-time basis, mayby something for you to think about...Although it's hard graft you really do get a sense of achievment after the job is finished, and of course if the customer is pleased, then you are likewise.....anyway chris hope this is of some help and please do not hesitate to get in touch if you require anymore info...
cheers
dave
ovenking perthshire

chrisoleary

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 03:33:51 pm »
Thanks Dave, getting confidence in ovenmaster all the time. I am already doing pressure washing part time at the moment but still have too many blank days with no bookings, first year at it so it is early days but already thinking about winter.

clifford123

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 04:06:08 pm »
chris
why do'nt you visit them both beforehand, there not to far apart distance wise.....i came down from scotland to sound them out..although it was'nt entirely business, because one of my daughters lives in bolton. in the end i did'nt visit excel because ian ovenmaster felt right....but that's not to say that excel would'nt give a good deal....do you live anywhere near shropshire? if so make the visit and take loads of questions with you....bugger off home, have a good think and then make your decision 8) ;)
cheers
dave

clifford123

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 04:10:54 pm »
p.s.
noticed you mentioned winter..............the run up to christmas is the busyest time of the year. after christmas their ovens have taken a beating...so busy again....hopefully ???
dave

chrisoleary

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 04:51:40 pm »
Not really close but a bit closer than you - Cumbria. That is why I am trying to gather as much info as possible beforehand.

Thanks for the advice,
Chris.