This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

What "neck" do use on your Gardiner pole and why?
« on: February 20, 2016, 06:17:01 pm »
I just have the basic adjustable quickloc plastic jobby. Should I change and if so why?
It's a game of three halves!

Clever Forum Name

Re: What "neck" do use on your Gardiner pole and why?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 06:22:49 pm »
I use the same BUT the long version as it helps with awkward sills, sash sills and 3rd story windows.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 06:42:43 pm »
I have always used the carbon goose necks depending on what I'm doing ever a 10 or 14 inch.
Hardly any one uses them every one has the angle adapters gardiner send for free,but I just like them.

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 06:56:04 pm »
Same here, basic plastic jobby for me aswell

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 07:08:28 pm »
Day to day use I don't think you can beat the adjustable plastic gooseneck/angle adaptor.

But I have several jobs where a carbon long reach is required (24inch jobbie at that !)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

darryn

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 07:17:08 pm »
i use a carbon 45 degree carbon gooseneck superlite and a great angle to sit on glass :D

8weekly

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 07:22:17 pm »
Carbon gooseneck. Soooooo much lighter.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 07:32:41 pm »

But no adjustment, can be a pain to get the correct angle on the glass

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 07:35:17 pm »
Swivel neck - nothing else. Why? Because it makes a long collapsed pole more usable. Keeps the brush head flat to the glass and rotates the brush through railings.
Swap it for fixed for gutters and finials.

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 07:56:51 pm »

But no adjustment, can be a pain to get the correct angle on the glass

Darran
I find for 95% of jobs it's fine. There's the odd one with low soffits and occasionally I could do with a better angle for sills, but for the bulk of the work the angle is perfect. The angle adapter feels heavy and cheap when I use it on fascias (which is the only time I use it). The gooseneck is a revelation on conservatories.

Paul erithwc

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2016, 08:06:06 pm »
Gardiner need to bring out a carbon fibre resi neck  ;D

DeLuce

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2016, 09:46:36 pm »
Gardiner need to bring out a carbon fibre resi neck  ;D
I was thinking the same  ;D

I'm a swiveler! Gets into the corners very easily. Good in tight spaces while, like Dave said, keeping brush square on the glass.

Plankton

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2016, 11:21:18 pm »
Swivel neck - nothing else. Why? Because it makes a long collapsed pole more usable. Keeps the brush head flat to the glass and rotates the brush through railings.
Definitely better for operating when your not square with the window or working in tight spaces, better for your body and the brush although I think it's putting more pressure on the pole forcing it to spin. You can tighten it up and use it for fsg at angles to your benefit.

Micky Barber

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 10:35:20 am »
Resi Neck Swivel in my opinion the best gadget on the market, did a front yesterday with an awkward window above a porch, stood to one side and hey ho no problem little twist of the pole and got the brush horizontal from an angle, takes a little getting used to but once it's mastered there's no going back, expensive carbon gooseneck consigned to the shed.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 10:48:56 am »
Resi Neck Swivel in my opinion the best gadget on the market, did a front yesterday with an awkward window above a porch, stood to one side and hey ho no problem little twist of the pole and got the brush horizontal from an angle, takes a little getting used to but once it's mastered there's no going back, expensive carbon gooseneck consigned to the shed.

How strange: "Micky Barber", the guy who thumbs up many of Chumbucket's posts (currently banned) agrees entirely with his view on swivels.  Why, they could almost be the same person!

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=196393.msg1708634#msg1708634

Positivity

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 12:15:28 pm »
Resi Neck with swivel but the longer one to help get over wider sills or when you have to stand directly under the window because of access, it helps to stop the pole scraping against the stone sills.
Don't know how others manage without the swivel it makes the job so much easier, down side is you have to keep the pole clamps tight and in good nick otherwise the sections spin and you can't swivel!!

Plankton

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2016, 01:32:53 pm »
I previously had problems with the clamps coming away from the pole ( glue failing ) probably from the direction of the force whilst working at angles. Since using other recommended adhesive I've now noticed the first section spinning so it's time for a full clean and lacquer.

JackieW

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2016, 04:17:02 pm »

Me too

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2016, 07:35:15 pm »

How strange: "Micky Barber", the guy who thumbs up many of Chumbucket's posts (currently banned) agrees entirely with his view on swivels.  Why, they could almost be the same person!

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=196393.msg1708634#msg1708634

But what do you think about the topic posted Vin?
It's a game of three halves!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 07:40:40 pm »
Ah, I use the QuicK-LoQ™ Angle Adapter (Type 1) Gooseneck.

Though, being a rebel, I change the position of the locking cam so it's on the right hand side and facing away.  Shows just how wacky I am.

Vin