This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff evans

pollen on windows
« on: May 16, 2006, 08:28:58 pm »
Hi all
Do most of my windows trad, so all obscure glass like bathroom windows i scrim.
Noticed over last 2 weeks that windows are full of pollen,scrim is green after a couple of windows.

Just wondered if any of you W.F.P People had found this detramental to W.F.P RESULTS.

Been window cleaning for 16 years and never known the pollen to be so bad as this year.

Cheers jeff.

Filllllll

Re: pollen on windows
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:35:21 pm »
Hi Jeff.

I've had trouble with pollen and had a previous posting about it.

Some windows I have are particularly prone to the little hard yellow specks and even traditional cleaning its difficult to remove without resorting to scraper or thumbnail.

With wfp I'm finding many specks will come off after two or three soakings and vigorous brushing with the final effect not much different than with traditional.
For ground level I find scraping first then brushing and rinsing gives good results.

Hope thats useful,
                                 Filllllll

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:50:02 pm »
I have never known pollen this bad its took longer to clean some windows today wfp and trad :P

The white window sils were yellow ::)

Brett

Morph

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 12:03:11 am »
We had a very heavy rainfall last weekend, the weatherman said for, some reason it brought down unusually heavy quantities of pollen dust.  Glad it doesn't affect me.
Aaaaatchoooo!

kingfisher

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 01:28:58 am »
read about it in the paper its Birch tree pollen i think from France or Belgium  >:(

kev

pipmoss

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 10:55:06 am »
bloody french

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 06:20:58 pm »
Yes I read that too. Everything here is covered in yellow pollen but the rain should help clear it today.