This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Big Al

Office alarms
« on: February 15, 2016, 07:31:43 pm »
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me with this problem I have?

If cleaning an office and we are the last ones out but the alarms to the building won't set, who's  responsibility is it to wait for the engineers?

I've been told I have to wait for the engineer as  the FS manager lives to far away!!

What do you guys do in this  situation ?

Thanks

dustee

Re: Office alarms
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 10:30:41 pm »
The alarm system is not your responsibility , being an outside contractor
If the alarm system is faulty inform whoever  that said system is faulty   , lock up and go

I had this happen to me three weeks back  at 7pm , the engineer turned up 3pm the following day

Churchill Contract Cleaners

Re: Office alarms
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 02:43:45 pm »
I would suggest using your own initiative based upon your relationship with your customer.  If you have agreed to secure the building after completing the clean I would say you need to honour this but can't be expected to have cleaners wait around for hours until somebody turns up - so speak with your customer to inform them, secure the building and then leave.  We have had this in the past and we have had one of our area managers attend so the cleaner could go, and we have then waited for the customer to arrive so they could sort it out themselves.
Nationwide Contract Cleaners | Daily Office Cleaning Nottingham
www.churchillcleaners.co.uk  Tel: 0115 8372840