This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chris dosell

xline brushes
« on: February 15, 2016, 03:34:34 pm »
does any one use xline brushes how do they compare to gardiner supreme brush, are the soft

dd

Re: xline brushes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 06:09:06 pm »
You need to compare them to the sl range as they are the same weight and size. I use the xline mono and it is significantly better in cleaning ability than gardiner brushes IMO.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 06:29:34 pm »
X line brushes beat gardiners offerings by a country mile...

dd

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 06:45:02 pm »
I find it surprising that Alex has been designing and innovating brushes for quite a while now and the first brush Xline brings to market is better than the entire Gardiner range IMO.

I am sure the Xline has borrowed from the sl range as it is the same size and weight, but it is notably better.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 06:56:56 pm »
X line brushes beat gardiners offerings by a country mile...

Must be the colour then.

According to this thread
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=200823.0;all

they are made in the same factory using the same materials. Alex says that X-Line used to use another brush supplier but have now swapped supplier to the same one Alex has used for years.

Same stock, same bristles = similar brush. So the deduction is that the X-Line can't be better than the Gardiner equivalent.

I see there is/or was a price difference though.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dd

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 07:07:31 pm »
Spruce I think the difference - which Alex has admitted - is that the outer bristles are shorter on the xline brush. (I think the inner bristles may also be a bit longer). This results in the bristles holding their shape more (less flattening on the glass) and so scrubbing better,

SeanK

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 07:17:18 pm »
Iv never used an X line brush but if your comparing them to the Gardiner Superlite then to be honest it isn't going
to take much of a brush to beat it, I always found that you needed to put too much pressure on the Superlite to get the inner
shorter bristles touching the glass. ( Medium mixed black and white )
Not my favourite Gardiner brush by a long shot.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 07:20:42 pm »
Won't be long now all your brush problems will be over,The new Gardiner brushes are the best so far you will have ever used.

chris turner

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 07:57:28 pm »
Won't be long now all your brush problems will be over,The new Gardiner brushes are the best so far you will have ever used.

Someone's been testing the ultimate ;)

NWH

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 09:08:37 pm »
It's going to boring soon not having to keep wasting money on bog brushes lol 💩💩

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 09:20:48 pm »
Bristles might be the same but the depth was different and the number of outside rows I believe, possibly the splay too. There's only so much you can do to a brush after all. I imagine the new Gardiners brushes must be close to the Xline.
Gardiners will have a massive range soon so there should be a brush to suit everyone in there somewhere.
Now they've made the Ultimate I don't suppose they will ever surpass it  ;D

the king

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 09:43:27 pm »
i never liked the xline brush my self it lasted 1 job then i took it off and gave it bk to my m8 lol i found the supreme was ncer to use but dident have as good scrub power as my tecbuk ide like to c tecbuk bristels on a supreme stock  8)

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 10:07:00 pm »
They have - in the middle rows.

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 10:13:24 pm »

Are you the official gardiner new brush tester then?

NWH

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 11:11:42 pm »
You will all love them.

8weekly

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 08:19:05 am »

Are you the official gardiner new brush tester then?
If it's the same range I'm testing, they are excellent. Light and great scrubbing ability.

Spruce

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 08:58:48 am »
Spruce I think the difference - which Alex has admitted - is that the outer bristles are shorter on the xline brush. (I think the inner bristles may also be a bit longer). This results in the bristles holding their shape more (less flattening on the glass) and so scrubbing better,

Fair comment - that would make a difference

Spruce

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 09:02:17 am »
Bristles might be the same but the depth was different and the number of outside rows I believe, possibly the splay too. There's only so much you can do to a brush after all. I imagine the new Gardiners brushes must be close to the Xline.
Gardiners will have a massive range soon so there should be a brush to suit everyone in there somewhere.
Now they've made the Ultimate I don't suppose they will ever surpass it  ;D

;D

Come on Dave, that's just the beginning. After the Ultimate comes the Ultimate 1 then 2 .............. etc.

chris turner

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2016, 11:52:32 am »
If the ultimate is basically a lighter version of the xline mono then it could well be perfect.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 03:08:45 pm »
Only it's better