Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Butler

CFR Pro Spotter/Upholstery
« on: February 01, 2016, 02:51:58 pm »
 Ive recently purchased the CFR pro spotter with the CFR handtool with the intentions of using it on upholstery rather than getting main machine out.
Do you think its powerful enough?

Simon Gerrard

Re: CFR Pro Spotter/Upholstery
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 07:25:14 pm »
It is powerful enough, but the hose is too short and the tool is crap for upholstery cleaning and the combination of both of these shortcomings will drive you around the bend.

Simon

Steven Butler

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 07:39:06 pm »
I thought The CFR tool was designed for upholstery Simon?   Thats why i bought it.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 07:50:52 pm »
Sorry misread you post. So you've bought a cfr spotting machine with a cfr upholstery tool, rather than the standard tool that comes with the machine?

Simon

Steven Butler

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 07:52:22 pm »
Yes mate.
If you look in the for sale section its the one Phil was selling last week. Came with the 3"CFR handtool.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 08:04:31 pm »
Apologies, didn't see that before commenting.
The short hose will still do your head in.

Simon

Steven Butler

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 08:26:44 pm »
If i can get my head around the hose then you think the overall spec of the Machine is ok for upholstery?
My current handtool (clear head prochem one) oversprays everywhere!!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »
I would think it only has a small tank so will need filling and emptying quite a few times during a clean,.

what pressure is the pump? Doubt it has the pressure to really flush through the fabric, OK for spotting but that's it,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steven Butler

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 08:54:29 pm »
Hi Mike...

55 psi and tanks are 13ltr...

Adrian Walton

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 07:39:13 am »
Don't think the machine is big or powerful enough to clean with full time,thought you couldn't get on with a cfr hand tool?

Steven Butler

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 08:11:39 am »
I cant be doing with the overspray from my standard tool...it goes everywhere. To be fair i never really gave it a go when i had 1 years ago as i wasn't getting much upholstery work...now i am.

Ian Harper

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 08:40:47 am »
Steven

considering its possible to clean a sofa with just a spray bottle and terry towels, yes.

you should look at attending a prochem upholstery course it teaches you about the 3 different methods, Preventive, Corrective,  and Salvage. if you cant go then I am sure someone here will sell you the manual from the course. BTW its very good.

Respects

Steven Butler

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 09:08:07 am »
Cheers Ian,
I have had training but not with prochem.  Might look out for the manual.

Tony Stewart

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 07:19:05 pm »
Hi Steven. Its a useful bit of kit but its a spotter only. It does not have the capacity in the tank to clean upholstery and at 55psi it struggles to generate enough water pressure to drive the CFR tool. Admittedly mine has the old attachment with the see through wand, but I use it for spotting urine, and blood etc. when I don't want to contaminate the waste tank of my machine. The CFR tool should be run at 200psi.
Next question...........why put the CFR tool on the spotter - don't know ask Amtech.
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there

Steven Butler

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 03:29:07 pm »
Done a few jobs now with this machine and although got great results you were all right...the short hose is a pain in the ar$e...although im impressed with the CFR handtool.
If i can get hold of a CFR/Sapphire/Sheardry i will be selling the pro spotter as i rarely get called to a spot.

Carl Rees

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 08:31:30 am »
Done a few jobs now with this machine and although got great results you were all right...the short hose is a pain in the ar$e...although im impressed with the CFR handtool.
If i can get hold of a CFR/Sapphire/Sheardry i will be selling the pro spotter as i rarely get called to a spot.
steve if you decide to sell the spotter give me a shout mate

Adrian Walton

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 06:51:26 pm »
so why not just keep that cfr hand tool from the spotting machine.

Steven Butler

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 09:32:25 pm »
Adrian.....thats a great idea!!!! In all honesty i didnt even know it could be detatched from the machine...thats what i will do!!
Blonde moment...although not blonde  ;D
Will be for sale this week with a standard handtool.