This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DTS

Water storage?
« on: May 16, 2006, 02:00:57 am »
Hi

Stupid question but where can I buy water storage thing to put in my hatchback, im a newbie starting out and don't want anything too big or too pricey!
Also I need to know if you all use tap water with added chemicals to soften the water??

Dave

Trevor Knight

Re: Water storage?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 07:15:44 am »
Hi Dave,

What are you wanting the water for? Do you mean storage of tap water or pure water? If pure you need resin and filters etc....

Can you clarify what you mean?

regards,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

DTS

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:45:25 pm »
Hi Trevor,

Im a complete novice so not sure if anything I type makes sense lol.
I will be canvasssing soon with my partner hoping to start up a small round to help our income as we just had a baby girl  ;).
Basically I just need to know what water u guys use, plain tap water or pure and how to get pure water and what u store it in as I dont fancy the idea of driving home just to fill bucket with clean water then spilling it everywhere! ???
Also I want to spend little as poss as im only testing the water first in case theres no work out there.

Dave

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 12:16:13 am »
DTS

I take it you are going to try out traditional if thats the case i would not worry about pure water.
You can get your water barrels here
http://www.reachandclean.co.uk/acatalog/water_tanks.html
There down as Jerrycan 25L

Paul

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 07:19:18 am »
Hi Dave,

Congratulations on you new arrival  :D

Well if your doing traditional, which I guess you are then all you need to do is fill your bucket up 3/4 to start the day off and keep an eye on your water level, when it get down to the last 1/4 refill it with customers outside tap. If they are in ask if not just fill up. If you're not sure about you can do this then take a couple of 25ltr cans with you. If space is tight try a collapsable water barrel, caravan suppliers sell them or Millets.

A tip for ya, if your using you car and you don't want the bucket spilling everywhere, place an old tyre in your boot and use that for holding the bucket still, works a treat!

Anyway, good luck, keep posting if you want any advice.

Regards, Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire