This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chris turner

Which gutter vac..
« on: January 11, 2016, 08:24:55 pm »
As title really..
Will be my first gutter vac so doesn't need to be the best one out there, just want something that's capable of residential and small commercial jobs.

Don't have room for a generator in the van so need a vac that is safe to plug into customers mains!

SB Cleaning

Re: Which gutter vac..
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 08:58:18 pm »
Grippa vac...great bit of kit ;)

chris turner

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 09:23:11 pm »
Grippa vac...great bit of kit ;)

Forgot to mention iv got a budget of upto 1k.
Grippa look good but the 30ft 40litre is pushing £1500..

Mick Kent

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 09:29:36 pm »
I have recently bought the genie vac.
Great machine and realy powerful even at 50ft.

All machines are basically the same thing a wet and dry vac. As long as its over 3000w then will be a good machine, carbon or modular poles are what id spend more money on.
Its a great add on business especialy commercialy.

the king

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 09:33:27 pm »
u can get a grippa vac 1400w for £640 from a@d cleaning suplies  same vac as grippa but cheeper but it needs to b moded  easy to do blade right do some cracking poles airo space alli 700g per section £250+vat 36ft i recken u could get a set up for £900

Nick Day

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:38:02 pm »
A few tips
1. The less you pay, the quicker you will be in profit, the more you pay the quicker your supplier will be in  profit.
2. Any thing over £300/400 is all bells and whistles.
3. Needing over, or any thing like 3000 watts, is total nonsense!!

chris turner

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 09:44:59 pm »

All machines are basically the same thing a wet and dry vac. As long as its over 3000w then will be a good machine, carbon or modular poles are what id spend more money on.

Iv been offered a regular commercial job already, twice a year for 1k, but gutter vac is a must if I take it.
Is the genie OK plugged into mains, no problems blowing fuses?

Just had a look at the genie, very good price for 30 ft. Anyone else use it?

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:44 pm »
A few tips
1. The less you pay, the quicker you will be in profit, the more you pay the quicker your supplier will be in  profit.

This is coming from the guy that use to sell 4200 watt crappy star vacs mind you and still sells 3000 watt guttervac kits   ???
Talking about shooting yourself in the foot Nick ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 09:54:20 pm »
A few tips

Im Guessing you dont do any work then??
I have 3 settings on my Vac! 1000w/2000w and 3000w.  1000w is naff unless just leaves and basic domestic grime. 2000w is good upto 3 story but does struggle and you cant feel it sucking as great as on full.. where as full power 3000w takes no prisoners and gets the job done in the shortest amount of time.

Mick Kent

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 09:57:05 pm »

Iv been offered a regular commercial job already, twice a year for 1k, but gutter vac is a must if I take it.

Yes fine on the mains. I was using it with 2x 30meter extension reels. I can vouch for Genie being upto the job its built for.

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 10:11:36 pm »
There you go a 40 foot 3000 watt kit for 795 squid mucker http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000carbonfibrekits.html
Ask Nick nicely and he might throw in the inspection camera kit (wifi baby monitor) in for nothing... Bless him ;D

chris turner

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 10:24:07 pm »
There you go a 40 foot 3000 watt kit for 795 squid mucker http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000carbonfibrekits.html
As Nick nicely and he might throw in the inspection camera kit (wifi baby monitor) in for nothing... Bless him ;D

So is that kit any good then smurf?
Serious answer please :)

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 10:52:50 pm »
For the money it looks ok to me but can't really comment as not tried that set up.

chris turner

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 11:12:54 pm »
A few tips

Nick can you email me a bit more info on your 3000w  30ft setup please.
enquiries.primeshine@gmail.com

the king

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 06:20:45 am »
As Nick nicely and he might throw in the inspection camera kit (wifi baby monitor) in for nothing... Bless him ;D

So is that kit any good then smurf?
Serious answer please :)      there not as good as the grippa vac/streem vac's  as they dont have the side entery its the side entery that gives the good suction the vac's that havent got this arnt so good also the grippa ones/streem vac's r bomb prouf my m8 had water pooring out the swich to weeks ago as it was lashing down  and the vac filled up with water strate away its still going strong lol  ;D

the king

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 06:23:00 am »
there is a guy on a nother forum that has that vac^^ and he was saying it was not that power full 3000w one suction was poor and the alli poles flex way to mch

the king

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 06:28:03 am »

what u need is a power braker that plugs in to the custmers socket so if u go blow a fuse it wont blow the custmers it will just trip out on ur power braker there only cheep

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 08:17:43 am »
A few tips

1. The less you pay the sooner it will fall apart...
2. Anything at £300/£400 from a gutter vac company is probably worth £100 - get a wet/dry vac off eBay
3. True if you want to take all day doing a 10 minute job and lose your profit !!!

If your going to gutter vac then at least start out the decent equipment otherwise I think it's doomed to fail

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

chris turner

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 08:48:14 am »
there is a guy on a nother forum that has that vac^^ and he was saying it was not that power full 3000w one suction was poor and the alli poles flex way to mch

There carbon poles with that kit.

What about this kit..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gutter-Cleaning-Vacuum-Machine-Sucker/dp

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 09:05:10 am »
Links not working...

The numatic vac that streamline does looks pretty good, but not looked into its specs,  think you'd be hard pressed to beat the skyvac offering for all round performance and quality, yes there's a price premium but you won't be cursing it every time you need it.

We've used the 4200 watt omnivac for 6 years - it's never failed to tackle any job and still going strong! But omnivac are extremely expensive.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk