This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tony day

Are WFP really that good?
« on: January 08, 2016, 08:19:46 pm »
Hi All.

Been using WFP for about five years now. And the only full-proof solution to window cleaning is the good old squeegee. It's more effective in results,it's quicker and cheaper to have as a tool. The only winners  in all this new brainwashing, technology is Mr Craig Mawlam from Ionics! Making us fall in love with the idea that hard work is outdated! I expect a very defensive response,as nobody wants to admit they have wasted there money.

Thanks. Tony

Dave Willis

Re: Are WFP really that good?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 08:28:28 pm »
Not a waste of money really - just not a particularly effective method of cleaning that's all.
 I wouldn't change to trad though.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 08:33:28 pm »
I go to work to earn money.

I earn more money using WFP.

Do i care what method is better, no.

dd

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 08:38:25 pm »
Either you are very quick with a squeegee or a bit slow with wfp.

Jamie Thomas

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 08:45:24 pm »
If water fed pole is crap why have you been using it for 5 years? wfp tec gets better and better id never go ionics i think they are a rip off. And wfp is only modern if you compare it to the wheel.

tony day

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 08:51:42 pm »
Either you are very quick with a squeegee or a bit slow with wfp.
If water fed pole is crap why have you been using it for 5 years? wfp tec gets better and better id never go ionics i think they are a rip off. And wfp is only modern if you compare it to the wheel.
Hi All.

Been using WFP for about five years now. And the only full-proof solution to window cleaning is the good old squeegee. It's more effective in results,it's quicker and cheaper to have as a tool. The only winners  in all this new brainwashing, technology is Mr Craig Mawlam from Ionics! Making us fall in love with the idea that hard work is outdated! I expect a very defensive response,as nobody wants to admit they have wasted there money.

Thanks. Tony
Bring back concorde, and the shammy leather!

trippyboy

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 08:59:33 pm »
I use vinegar and newspaper , its king

Walter Mitty

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 09:02:47 pm »
Yes, WFP is rubbish.
I'll feel guilty about it all the way to the bank.

SeanK

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 09:08:23 pm »
Total rubbish that's why I only target pensioners with poor eyesight, well that and I can also short change them.
Its a win win.

tony day

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 09:13:12 pm »
Bring back concorde and the shammy leather!

the king

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 09:14:45 pm »
wfp gives u a beta clean on most glass but wood fraims it can b dung also georgen windows can b a pain some upvc can b a pain to  thats y i do a mix or trad and wfp but on the other flip of the coin trad can b dung even with brand new rubber clean water with a good soap as it can look good from the out side but from inside not so good smear round the edg + direction change marks also 

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 09:26:23 pm »
Wfp pole is good ...until you've got direct sunlight going through the glass, I did my kitchen window trad and it didn't look half as bad with direct sunlight going through it.
I wouldn't get me ladders out and do upstairs though FCK that

tony day

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2016, 09:48:54 pm »
Mitty.

I think you will find Mr Mawlam is laughing all the way to the bank! (Founder of ionics). Plus he doesn't have to get up in January to scrub glass.

He's laughing at you Mitty!

Jonny 87

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 09:49:54 pm »
Wfp all in all does a much more thorough job, and easily doubles the amount if work you can do in a day. As for a business model, wfp hands down is better.

I agree it's not perfect, but neither is traditional.

In the hands of a good operator though.... It can be pretty darn good.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 10:07:18 pm »
Hi All.

Thanks. Tony
   The only full proof solution i have seen to clean glass properly is using a combination of micro-cleaning hand pads and high quality microfiber glass cloths with just plain tap water. I know this method is not a practical way for general cleaning of windows, but to achieve optimal results when cleaning glass i have yet to come across a better method. Tadgh

the king

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 10:12:16 pm »
Wfp all in all does a much more thorough job, and easily doubles the amount if work you can do in a day. As for a business model, wfp hands down is better.

I agree it's not perfect, but neither is traditional.

In the hands of a good operator though.... It can be pretty darn good.
couldent agree more

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2016, 12:29:26 am »
Craig Mawlam doesn't laugh all the way to the bank on my dollar. Alex Gardiner on the other hand ...
It's a game of three halves!

supernova77

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2016, 01:47:18 am »
Mitty.

I think you will find Mr Mawlam is laughing all the way to the bank! (Founder of ionics). Plus he doesn't have to get up in January to scrub glass.

I didn't realise Ionics were the only WFP manufactures!

Cookie

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2016, 07:26:40 am »
Before I became a window cleaner I used to trad my own house - it took me ages. WFP cuts the time down by half.

As far as Ionics are concerned good luck luck to them! They're obviously doing well as a window cleaning supplier & some of the posters on here are very happy with the kit they have bought from them (particularly the Pure2o systems where  people are not that confident in building their own van mounts). I have spent most of my money at Pure Freedom & Gardiners.

I did once go to a free half day window cleaning taster session at the BWCA - which I believe is funded by Ionics - so I got something for free off them (including free snadwiches).  ;D

Walter Mitty

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2016, 07:37:23 am »
Mitty.

Troll.
Good luck to him too, and the other suppliers (not sure why you targetted Craig "Koi Carp" Mawlam).  I had my share of near-misses on ladders thanks.  Even if the quality does suffer a bit (and I'm not convinced of this for most jobs), at least I'm alive and uninjured.
How many goats did you have for dinner? :)