This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stephen burton

Gutter vac
« on: January 01, 2016, 09:24:03 pm »
Anyone know much about these are they the cheapest about
http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000watt.html

Craig downey

Re: Gutter vac
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 09:31:50 pm »
I have never used that type, but I would recommend the extra spend and get carbon fibre poles.. I use carbon, and they can even strain your arms after a long day at it.

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 11:04:46 pm »
Anyone know much about these are they the cheapest about
http://www.guttercleaningsystems.co.uk/3000watt.html

I've got one of them in the link.
We look at them, they look through them.

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 10:47:41 am »

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 11:01:41 am »
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 12:11:54 pm »
And ...what do you think of those aluminium poles & head assembly bungle?
Reason why I'm asking they look really heavy to use especially over awkward stuff (acute angles) and above 2 storey to me.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 12:37:17 pm »
Don't bother with ally poles they're too heavy...

Grippavac is a good system at a reasonable  price...had mine for well over a year now and it's never failed on any jobs I've done ;)

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 12:38:20 pm »
Not much

Smurf

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 01:23:05 pm »

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 02:56:37 pm »

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2016, 05:48:37 pm »
cant be any wrose then the one we bought from polar bright in Essex what a croak of grit this set up is

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 09:54:26 pm »
cant be any wrose then the one we bought from polar bright in Essex what a croak of grit this set up is

Oh dear that don't sound very good. What's up with it exactly susan?

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 10:55:15 pm »

first off the hose for the hover isn't long enough so you can,nt  do a full side of a house without dragging the vac along by the pipe while the poles are in the air , unless you want to keep putting the pole down and moveing the whole thing along

we used it three times and the hoover piep is so thin its spilt in four places   

we have replaced this with 2inc truckmounted carpet cleaning pipe

the cam at the end of the gutter pole keeps falling out of the sockit and hitting the floor as it just on a push fit clip not a looked in type

third time out the screen  moniter as died this as yet to go back

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 11:13:29 pm »

first off the hose for the hover isn't long enough so you can,nt  do a full side of a house without dragging the vac along by the pipe while the poles are in the air , unless you want to keep putting the pole down and moveing the whole thing along

the cam at the end of the gutter pole keeps falling out of the sockit and hitting the floor as it just on a push fit clip not a looked in type

Not good then... ???
Funny you mentioned the truckmount hose as I'm still waiting for someone in the UK to produce the first roots type blower guttervac truckmount.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 11:30:31 pm »

Not good then... ???
Funny you mentioned the truckmount hose as I'm still waiting for someone in the UK to produce the first roots type blower guttervac truckmount.

I have used my truckmount to clean my gutters out it didn't go well

due to the blower being so power full it just locked on the  gutter and didn't go anywhere you could move it , had to turn the truck off so it would let go , I thought it might do that but just had to try it for laffs

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2016, 11:40:28 pm »

Not good then... ???

due to the blower being so power full it just locked on the  gutter and didn't go anywhere you could move it , had to turn the truck off so it would let go , I thought it might do that but just had to try it for laffs
So just goes to show it works rather well then Susan...The idea is not to get it directly sucking onto the inside of the gutter or you have no hope of getting it off without switching the system off as the suction is so powerful as you found out   ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 02:36:29 pm »

Not good then... ???

So just goes to show it works rather well then Susan...The idea is not to get it directly sucking onto the inside of the gutter or you have no hope of getting it off without switching the system off as the suction is so powerful as you found out   ;D

thing is with blowers they just keep powering up until they cant go any faster bit like vac motors but much better , if you had a way of sideing say a trap door on the pole down so air could be sucked at at the bottom when it gets stuck it could work well cooling would be a problem for none water ran engines then again why not spay them clean like you do with carpets ? spay and suck

Smurf

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 09:59:35 pm »
Suck & spray sounds awsome susan and I'm not trying to be crude (well maybe a wee bit)  ;D

Bungle

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 10:45:31 pm »
Suck & spray sounds awsome susan and I'm not trying to be crude (well maybe a wee bit)  ;D

You need spaying you ram.

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 08:45:54 am »
Sorry it's my new meds folks.

Anyhow seriously a petrol or diesel type van mount roots blower set up with a variable bar pressure & temperature controlled sprayer (capable of producing steam when required) all in one system does sound awesome to me.