Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H Coulthard

Ashbys enforcer 400psi machine
« on: December 10, 2015, 10:29:42 pm »
Hi all u currently use the the enforcer I always use a 1.5 vac hose with 1.5 slip that goes inside the outlet on the machine will I be losing perfermonce  as I've seen same set up with  2inch slip that goes over the outlet . All advice would be good

Lewis Newby

Re: Ashbys enforcer 400psi machine
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:04:35 pm »
The hose cuff will make next to no difference,  but using 2" hose throughout may give you a good boost in performance

James Jacob

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 11:22:14 pm »
Why Lewis? ... Because i have the same as Paul :)

AJB

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 11:48:13 pm »
The Enforcer is a vac optimised machine, so switching to 2" hose will have a small detrimental effect on performance, as
more air needs evacuating from the recovery tank and hose to reach peak suction. If you used a booster giving 2 series vac's in parallel with 2 more, 2" hose would then be a benefit.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Lewis Newby

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 04:18:42 am »
Yes Ajb I agree with you, however, many users have reported an improvement in performance using 2" hose. Hence I said 'may' give an improvement. The cuff being a 2" reducer slip or a 1.5" for that small section of the hose won't have a notable effect imo, but would perhaps be easier to use

I had my airflex pro with the HD/sd setup of the enforcer and the hoses made very little difference imo.

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 08:28:32 am »
I had my Airflex set up in series too and 2" hose made no difference. Once I switched it to parallel the 2" hose made a massive difference.

Paul H Coulthard

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 09:43:07 am »
Can u change both vacum motor on the machine to so e thing with alot more power. I think my prochem powermax had more power on the 1.5 vacum hose than I get from the enforcer.

john martin

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 11:26:41 am »
Two inch is better on an enforcer for 70 or 100 ft hose runs Imo . The rise time thing ajb refers to ....I don't think it's significant .also rise time is increased by airflow so preserving airflow with two inch should preserve rise time on long runs . You gotta try these things for your self .
Even standard enforcer should be more powerful than prochem also . Not sure why it seems less to u . Yes u can tweak or upgrade the motors .

Dave_Lee

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 08:50:35 pm »
2" vac hose allows more airflow than 1.5". With given vacs the suction  (water lift) is greater with a 1.5" hose than if you had 2" hose. Using 2" hose with the same vacs the airflow will be greater but the water lift will be less.
The more the  CFM (airflow) the less the HG (water lift)
The more the HG (water lift) the less the CFM (airflow)
With machines with vac guage, when running, if you close off the vac with your hand or something, you will see the guage needle rise showing an increase in HG (water Lift) until it reaches its maximum, but zero airflow as the vac has been closed off.
Remove your hand from the vac opening to allow airflow and the needle immediately drops as the airflow increases.
This is simply the age old argument about what is better for carpet cleaning, vacs in series with the increased water lift or vacs in parallel with their increased airflow. Ive had both. I used to believe that increased water lift was better but now believe increasing airflow is better.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Paul H Coulthard

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 09:49:24 pm »
John Martin it is a bit more powerfull but not much more really. Can u put me in the  right direction  to get to vac motor what are powerfull ect.

Robin Ray

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 10:16:41 pm »
2" vac hose allows more airflow than 1.5". With given vacs the suction  (water lift) is greater with a 1.5" hose than if you had 2" hose. Using 2" hose with the same vacs the airflow will be greater but the water lift will be less.
The more the  CFM (airflow) the less the HG (water lift)
The more the HG (water lift) the less the CFM (airflow)
With machines with vac guage, when running, if you close off the vac with your hand or something, you will see the guage needle rise showing an increase in HG (water Lift) until it reaches its maximum, but zero airflow as the vac has been closed off.
Remove your hand from the vac opening to allow airflow and the needle immediately drops as the airflow increases.
This is simply the age old argument about what is better for carpet cleaning, vacs in series with the increased water lift or vacs in parallel with their increased airflow. Ive had both. I used to believe that increased water lift was better but now believe increasing airflow is better.
Dave.

Full waterlift happens at 0 cfm, full cfm happens at 0 inches of water lift we clean carpets at somewhere in between. The size of the vacuum tube should not affect the available water lift at the wand tip infact imo it may even improve the in use lift it as it is not pulling on the extra restriction created by the smaller hose. I may be wrong but any one with a lift guage could easily test this by putting it on the end of a length of 2" hose then a length of 1.5" hose and seeing the difference.

Robin Ray

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2015, 10:25:51 pm »
Can u change both vacuum motor on the machine to something with a lot more power. I think my prochem powermax had more power on the 1.5 vacuum hose than I get from the enforcer.

Your Powermax probibly feels stronger as the motors are set up in parallel so you are getting twice the potential airflow probibly something like 190 cfm  rather than 117 cfm from the Enforcer.

If you fitted 2 6.6 motors in your enforcer you would get something like 150 cfm but still strong lift so it would feel more powerful.  You would have to make up spacers like John has. You will also be drawing too many amps off of one plug which is technically wrong to do. The only way around that is to add another cord to the machine.

john martin

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2015, 10:46:15 pm »
Ha , thanks for typing that Robin , i an too pooped for typing long things.

Easiest way to upgrade enforcer is fit another 1500w motor , the one attached to the tank is 1200w  , throw it out  :)   
You can get the 1500w electro from john kelly (restormate ) or alltec .   You will be drawing 14-15 amps on the one cord , its never an issue for me but its up to u .

Yes fitting two 6.6 could be good also the airflow is about 30% more . I hahve to play around with this more .

2" hose and 1.5" show the exact same max lift on a guage .
The time it takes the gauge needle to get to max may be slightly different but visually i could not see a major difference .
If you have a four vac series /parallel setup the needle rises very quick to max .
Another reason the 6.6 may work well in series as the faster rise seems to be related to airflow increase .