This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotless UK

How to really differentiate in the contract cleaning market?
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:22:23 am »
I have run a reasonable size cleaning business for the last ten years. Low margin and high turnover, race to the bottom prices and all the usual stuff that comes with competing with the big boys.

It would seem that in today's market, the majority of customers don't care about the standard of clean or the ethics unless they are unfavourably highlighted by others and become a media issue. It's all about the cost.

Two questions to inspire a debate:

1.  Clients believe all cleaning companies are the same so how do we break through this perception and differentiate our businesses in this climate?

2. How do we identify those customers that really do want to pay for a great cleaning service that doesn't cut corners and is ethical in its practices?

Tadgh O Shea

Re: How to really differentiate in the contract cleaning market?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:45:11 pm »
I have run a reasonable size cleaning business for the last ten years. Low margin and high turnover, race to the bottom prices and all the usual stuff that comes with competing with the big boys.

It would seem that in today's market, the majority of customers don't care about the standard of clean or the ethics unless they are unfavourably highlighted by others and become a media issue. It's all about the cost.

Two questions to inspire a debate:

1.  Clients believe all cleaning companies are the same so how do we break through this perception and differentiate our businesses in this climate?

2. How do we identify those customers that really do want to pay for a great cleaning service that doesn't cut corners and is ethical in its practices?
  Hi Spotless UK, if you want to know how to breakthrough this perception and differentiate the cleaning services you provide to clients send me an email to  info@jskcleaning.ie and i will be happy to share a few ideas with you under no obligation which can give you an edge over competitors, or feel free to give me a call on 00353 87 9406650 to catch up for a chat.  Tadgh

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 12:23:09 pm »
Unless you know them personally then it's always price, but they still expect a superb cleaning servive for it.

Based on say 100 hours a week, just 50p per hour cheaper is £50 a week to the client, or £2600 a year and if we won't do it there are plenty that will.

i was at a location back in 2015, sweat marks and drips on the machinery for over a week, no one was bothered because they were
A cheap
B only employed them for a few hours a day despite being 10,000Sq Ft

I can say how much I care and how good I am but if they can save a couple of grand a year they'll go for it.

Churchill Contract Cleaners

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 02:53:51 pm »
Price is always going to be the big decider - we loose out on lots of work because they have gone with somebody cheaper - but then we win a lot a jobs and they tell us they went with a cheaper option before and it didnt work out so you can win in the end.
Build a good relationship with a steady client base, give it your all and you will keep jobs for a long time, customer want quality at a low price, don't undercut prices unless you really can afford to otherwise your service levels WILL drop and you will loose customers because your service is not to standard - its better to loose low paying jobs and keep good paying jobs!
Nationwide Contract Cleaners | Daily Office Cleaning Nottingham
www.churchillcleaners.co.uk  Tel: 0115 8372840