This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon w

Help with new system!
« on: May 13, 2006, 07:21:18 pm »
Hi. I've just received my 1000Lt static 4 stage system & could use some advice!
It's a 4 stage system with the DI bottle in the van which will not be ready to collect untill wednesday. I have conected the static system up to the water & electrical supply the tank is filling but i dont seem to have any waste water coming out?. also my tds reading for my tap water here is 315 ppm, after going through the three filters it's reading 99 ppm, is this too high?, or is this normal before going through the final DI bottle part of the process.

I cant seem to work out why there is no waste water coming out the system and would like to know where the collected waste material is going any info on this issue will be gladly received..

Tim Morton

Re: Help with new system!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 08:04:07 pm »
Hi Simon, could you be a bit more specific about your Ro, what sort is it, is it a 4x40 system? If it is a 4x40 ro, is your waste tap partially open or fully closed, you need iit to be open enough that the waste is close to equal flow as your pure.

can you post some pics of your setup?

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 08:45:31 pm »
hi i've same ro as you have to roughly get your waste and your pure water split 50/50 use two similar size jugs or whatever you have filling at the same rate you should be able to acheive at least 005ppm from your RO depends on water pressure then filter through DI tank to polish. ;D callum

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 09:22:01 pm »
the tap you need to fine tune it as it were. from off position turn tap on a little keep moving it till you have a flow of water from your waste and pure you have to have waste comming out as it has to leave RO as it will just clog up!!

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 09:23:08 pm »
This is assuming that you have your RO set up correctly.

Tim Morton

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 07:51:45 am »
the TDS reading is 41PPM, a big improvement but not as low as i'd expected. could this be because i had been running the system with the waste tap turned off would this cause the filters to get clogged hense the high reading,

You might try running the ro with the waste tap fully open for an hour just to flush the ro. Ro's need to be flushed regularly, at least once a week if not daily for a few mins.

Before you flush it, mark where the waste tap is so that you can easily return it to the previous position.

That should help to keep your tds lower.

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe!!
Craigavon, N.Ireland

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 11:05:29 am »
Simon

In answer to the high tds (90+)going through the di. yes that is way to high and you will rapidly exhaust your resin.

You should be aiming for single figures

Dave

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 11:12:33 am »
I would suggest a ratio of two-thirds waste /one third pure to get the best ppm reading, but tweak it between that and 50/50 to get the best reading.

You should get down to less than 10ppm before DI bottle/cartridge.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 01:19:38 pm »
Hi i think we have all been i your situation unfortunatley manufacturers have not made reasonable instructions as of yet i spent many hours asking questions to get RO set up correctly you'll get their . callum

Thanks very much for your advice Tim. I'll flush the RO through for an hour & i'm sure this will bring the TDS reading right down! & thanks for the advice on flushing the system once a week/ daily, in order to keep it producing pure water. I wish the manufacturer's would supply a user's manual with their systems! I suppose it's all part of the learning curve.

Cheer's Simon.