This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martin hulstone

TdS of rain water
« on: November 27, 2015, 11:36:59 pm »
What is yours, just interested because of people who clean in the rain, mine is 18, so if you clean in the rain is it worth paying for resin to get your tds  down to 0 if you clean in the rain knowing the rain water will come down the windows at a higher tds as you clean?

paulben

Re: TdS of rain water
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 12:02:28 am »
when its raining you can get all sorts of muck in it especially after a dry spell that's one reason windows get mucky .If your on about harvesting rainwater leave it to settle in tank and leave bottom few inches in bottom of tank
Do not steal the government hates competition

Rich Wilts

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 12:58:07 am »
005PPM.

chris turner

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 09:04:19 am »
The rain yesterday was very dirty, the windscreen on my van was minging by the time I got home.

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 09:52:33 am »
Martin the same guys who clean in stormy conditions will be telling you to keep your water as zero use an additive or hot  to
improve the clean, quality is everything and so on.
You definitely get a lot of contradictions on here.  ;D

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 09:56:24 am »
The thing is if your RO is taking the water down to a usable level then why not use the resin to polish it off to zero
it gives piece of mind and costs very little.
If I was DI only and using a lot of resin then I would definitely let it go above zero.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 02:27:01 pm »
Martin the same guys who clean in stormy conditions will be telling you to keep your water as zero use an additive or hot  to

the same guys are up to date with work after cleaning in the rain and can spend a few days relaxing next week xmas shopping and getting everything sorted before the mad xmas rush! ;)

yes i also use vision and  hot water sometimes! ;D
price higher/work harder!

EandM

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 03:15:04 pm »
002 - 011

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 05:17:17 pm »
TDS isn't everything.  TDS21 can look like this:

And TDS 0 can look like the one on the left - I'm pretty sure it was suspended rust from the cast iron impeller on my transfer pump.

Vin

martin hulstone

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 08:51:55 am »

the same guys are up to date with work after cleaning in the rain and can spend a few days relaxing next week xmas shopping and getting everything sorted before the mad xmas rush! ;)

If you can spend a few days xmas shopping next week, surely you could have done your xmas shopping last week during the storms and caught up with  your work next week ???

martin hulstone

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 07:51:54 pm »
exactly :)

gary999

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:02 am »
I get 002ppm in good downpour but averages around 14ppm...got a nice sheet of hard plastic on
my shed,filters in the gutter diverters and use muslin cloth to filter over the downpipe openings

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 11:13:29 am »

If you can spend a few days xmas shopping next week, surely you could have done your xmas shopping last week during the storms and caught up with  your work next week ???

its even worse here today martin than some days last week! ;D

if id of had a few days off last week i wouldnt be able to get round to my 4 weekly work til this week which would result in me not getting round again when their due again(which is just before xmas)so id lose money and xmas tips as i always have 10-14 days off for xmas break.

so working some days in the bad weather the last few weeks has saved me losing about a grand plus tip money.

even if i had a full weeks work due this week i wouldnt have worked today!it really is VERY BAD WEATHER!prolonged heavy rain,cold and windy.total washout day.

ill be out collecting later though. ;)
price higher/work harder!