Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clever Forum Name

Re: even i had to admit defeat today!
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2015, 12:21:52 pm »
Raining here and it's pretty bad.

One "waterproof" coat has been soaked through.

Last two customers I asked AFTER I had cleaned Windows whether they minded me cleaning in the rain

One said is it raining? The other said our last cleaner used to sit in the car waiting for it to stop. We felt like he was stalking us. So we cancelled him.

8weekly

« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2015, 01:23:47 pm »
Its been raining all morning here. The other van had one customer object to them being cleaned in the rain who wasn't persuaded by the guarantee so skipped. A £25 job. But, we are two days behind as van 2 off all last week. We have today between the two vans £800 booked in. Already two days behind, we'd have lost £800 today and be three days behind. Even if we had lost that one customer, so what? She's only worth £150 a YEAR! Steve Jobs my a%%e.   ;D

8weekly

« Reply #122 on: November 19, 2015, 01:25:24 pm »

Better ask Daz what jacket he wears.  ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #123 on: November 19, 2015, 01:46:26 pm »
The other said our last cleaner used to sit in the car waiting for it to stop. We felt like he was stalking us. So we cancelled him.
Was it their car?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SB Cleaning

« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2015, 02:31:38 pm »
Yesterday I told all customers that if the windows were not up to standard due to the wind and rain  to ring me today and I would come and clean them again as I was in the same area anyway....

No calls so far...

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2015, 03:23:05 pm »

No calls so far...

They are ringing round getting other quotes mate that's why.  ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2015, 03:23:32 pm »
The other said our last cleaner used to sit in the car waiting for it to stop. We felt like he was stalking us. So we cancelled him.
Was it their car?

LOL  ;D ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2015, 03:24:47 pm »

Better ask Daz what jacket he wears.  ;D

I am not convinced waterproofs can withhold the rain all day though? Maybe they can. They costs £90 a jacket I would have thought they would have lasted a few hours. Lasted 2 before soaked through. Maybe try do cleaner to re protect them.

dazmond

« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2015, 03:31:54 pm »
9am-2pm today.dry all morning with no wind.by 2pm id had enough as torrential rain and wind moved in,sky went black and thought sod this and came home! ;D
price higher/work harder!

SeanK

« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2015, 03:35:12 pm »
9am-2pm today.dry all morning with no wind.by 2pm id had enough as torrential rain and wind moved in,sky went black and thought sod this and came home! ;D

That hot water is making you lazy. ;D

SeanK

« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2015, 03:37:54 pm »
Record day Monday record day today get one tomorrow and I will have achieved my target and wont have got
wet achieving it, up your prices guys you know it makes sense. ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2015, 03:54:54 pm »
Record day Monday record day today get one tomorrow and I will have achieved my target and wont have got

if I charged any more I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face when asking for payment.

dazmond

« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2015, 04:00:18 pm »

going round pretending you ve cleaned your customers windows is not good practice.you ll get found out eventually! ;D ;D ;D

SeanK

« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2015, 04:05:09 pm »

going round pretending you ve cleaned your customers windows is not good practice.you ll get found out eventually! ;D ;D ;D

Window cleaning customers are stupid Iv nothing to worry about. ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2015, 04:05:22 pm »
The thing is ........... if you have your van on tick and pay out £500 a month and employ then you don't really have any option (I've just been looking at the cvm ad for lease payments  :o sod that!)

If you're like Dazmond and are sick in the head then that's understandable too. However if like Dazmond you don't have a full round and take ten days off every month then I really can't see the point in working through atrocious conditions when by simply juggling your leisure time about you can avoid it.

Gold is right - it's mostly in our heads. I worked today in pouring rain - had a few moaners but generally I got away with it I felt.

dazmond

« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2015, 04:12:41 pm »
The thing is ........... if you have your van on tick and pay out £500 a month and employ then you don't really have any option (I've just been looking at the cvm ad for lease payments  :o sod that!)

If you're like Dazmond and are sick in the head then that's understandable too. However if like Dazmond you don't have a full round and take ten days off every month then I really can't see the point in working through atrocious conditions when by simply juggling your leisure time about you can avoid it.

Gold is right - it's mostly in our heads. I worked today in pouring rain - had a few moaners but generally I got away with it I felt.

;D ;D ;D

my time off is getting less and less dave due to more work.ive just looked on CP and my next little break is the first 3 days of december(tues/wed/thurs).i think ill get all my xmas pressies sorted then thats xmas 2015 boxed off! ;)

Walter Mitty

« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2015, 04:17:35 pm »

I finished about 2 as well.  It was raining and I could have done a bit more, but I had had enough by then.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2015, 04:52:29 pm »
Was it their car?

;D

Carl2009

« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2015, 07:01:48 pm »
Given our conversations this is relevant and funny https://youtu.be/fd3zDP_UOn4

Mike #1

« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2015, 07:02:47 pm »
I think its become apparent that this weather is Not For Girls but Real Men who will crack on in bad weather and provide a regular service with a Yorkie bar in one hand and WFP in the other  ;D ;D ;D ;D