Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

even i had to admit defeat today!
« on: November 17, 2015, 02:52:23 pm »
too bad even for me this afternoon,strong squally winds and bursts of  heavy rain.worked 10am-1pm as i overslept this morning.

better luck tomorrow eh lads? ;D

looks like ill be working sat this week.oh what joy. ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!

NWH

Re: even i had to admit defeat today!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 04:22:14 pm »
Money wise got a full day in today,as I turned my heater off it started to rain. Down South

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 04:23:05 pm »
£10 off target  :D

kempy

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 04:24:39 pm »
No point in wind and rain

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 04:26:50 pm »
No point in wind and rain
Don't people pay in wind and rain?

martin hulstone

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 04:41:46 pm »
I don't see the point either, the windows would be just as bad by now if i went out cleaning this morning.
I know i certainly wouldn't pay anyone to clean my windows today, same way as i bet all the car washes where empty toady?

Johnny B

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 04:51:33 pm »
I completely agree, no point when it's wet and windy.

I wouldn't be best pleased if I paid for a service without some benefit from it.

I haven't done any of my residentials for a week now, and won't resume until I can give my customers the decent service that they deserve.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

martin hulstone

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 04:57:42 pm »

I wouldn't be best pleased if I paid for a service without some benefit from it.

I haven't done any of my residentials for a week now, and won't resume until I can give my customers the decent service that they deserve.
I have managed to work this week as i have indoor work but totally agree with you, we are providing a service for which we earn a decent living, if the weather is naff, do a bit of decorating or something and put a few more hours in when the weather is better.
John

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 05:20:29 pm »

I have managed to work this week as i have indoor work but totally agree with you, we are providing a service for which we earn a decent living, if the weather is naff, do a bit of decorating or something and put a few more hours in when the weather is better.
John
Ok if it's just a bit of beer money.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 05:24:26 pm »
I am there to clean the dirt off that's accumulated since the last clean not to guarantee clean windows for the future.

So what about the customers i cleaned yesterday?

Perfectly fine and dry yesterday but tonight we will have a storm. Should i have not cleaned them as that's not the best service is it?

Until i LOSE customers through working through wind and rain then i MAY do something about it.

ascjim

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »
Everything got done here. We are in the South.

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2015, 05:37:17 pm »

John
Ok if it's just a bit of beer money.

I assure you it's not, and I am sure that goes for Martin as well.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2015, 05:42:24 pm »
Record day for me.

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2015, 05:45:28 pm »

duncan h

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2015, 05:57:05 pm »
hammered it down all day and the wind is getting worse again. No one should work outside in this.
Yesterday was a really nice day. The only nice day in 2 weeks. Roll on Summer :)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 06:00:33 pm »
I am there to clean the dirt off that's accumulated since the last clean not to guarantee clean windows for the future.

So what about the customers i cleaned yesterday?

Perfectly fine and dry yesterday but tonight we will have a storm. Should i have not cleaned them as that's not the best service is it?

Until i LOSE customers through working through wind and rain then i MAY do something about it.
Well said mate :)

I've been working every day the last 2 weeks in the wind and rain with zero complaints...

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 06:18:47 pm »
too bad even for me this afternoon,strong squally winds and bursts of  heavy rain.worked 10am-1pm as i overslept this morning.

better luck tomorrow eh lads? ;D

looks like ill be working sat this week.oh what joy. ::)roll ;D

Yer wimp  ;D

martin hulstone

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 06:27:02 pm »
As i see it, i am providing a window cleaning service to which the customers like to see an end result(even if it is only for a few hours), i could not look my customers in the eye and ask for money when rain is bouncing off the glass, as i said earlier, would you have taken your van for a wash today to have two weeks of crap washed off? me neither

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 06:30:58 pm »
I usually go to have my van washed WHEN it's raining.

Smaller Q and I don't have to waste time while they dry it.

lee_dewing

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 06:33:51 pm »
I try not to work in the rain, don't like it and pretty sure customers don't.

If I'm out and starts raining I'll dodge in out van.

If its raining from the start I won't go out until it stops.

Worked for a window cleaner who's had 30 years experience and wouldn't work if rain was hitting the glass.

Everyone does things differently but trying to shape things so I can get most of my round done on a 14 day schedule.

Will obviously do more days if weather lets me.
Probably got 20 days work that's why I struggle.

I think 4 days a week window cleaning a week is plenty, should be.

Been a busy fool to long.
Probably out Saturday too.
(being a busy fool).

Starting to get the "I will see you before Christmas"

Makes me laugh everyone wants their windows cleaned on Christmas eve.
Need Santa to get me around  ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle