This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Gutter vac end attachments
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2015, 07:44:32 pm »
I have an eastern trading vac 3000w n ali poles. Bought  ages ago but hardly used it. Also the genny to power a 3000w is a big bit of kit.

vac is like r2d2

I had the same make vac that eastern trading sold (no longer trading) and the motors failed within 6 months being busy and all. Mind most wet vacs used for gutter clearing I've found don't last much more than a year anyhow.  I think it's also debateable if a more expensive wet vac like a so say skyvac industrial would last any longer than a chepo one under heavy usage.

Omnivac now on year six, still has 2 of the original motors

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2015, 08:27:51 pm »
I have an eastern trading vac 3000w n ali poles. Bought  ages ago but hardly used it. Also the genny to power a 3000w is a big bit of kit.

vac is like r2d2

I had the same make vac that eastern trading sold (no longer trading) and the motors failed within 6 months being busy and all. Mind most wet vacs used for gutter clearing I've found don't last much more than a year anyhow.  I think it's also debateable if a more expensive wet vac like a so say skyvac industrial would last any longer than a chepo one under heavy usage.

Omnivac now on year six, still has 2 of the original motors

Darran

My omni 4200 vacs lasted on average a year  smudger so I'm guessing you don't  do much

Plankton

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2015, 08:30:42 pm »
Got another couple of poles from Polarbrite today. After seeing the pictures of the carbonfibretubes poles they must be supplying Polar. Just cost 20% more but they don't have the minimum order of 6 poles.

Nice one...are they 2m pole sections too?
Yes 2m that's one of the reasons I got them before, thought it was more for your money.

Smudger

« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2015, 08:35:59 pm »
That's right hardly anything at all.....
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2015, 04:54:19 pm »
Smudger I was determined not to use ladders on this one today as could not be arsed to get them off the van ....
I did say 50mm nozzle works well for me  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2015, 04:57:32 pm »
during clearing pics

Smurf

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »
Got a bag please mr so you can put it in yer bin  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2015, 05:34:51 pm »
The next one Smudger was a bit easier apart from having to take the guttervac kit through the blooming house to do the back. However I already primed the custy so the carpeted areas were covered before I arrived.

I seem to do loads of this type of property as the corners always get blocked and start overflowing. Ladders are not really an option either as my roofline  ladders would not have gone through the house as they are so blooming long  ;D

I try not to book in more than 3 gutter clearing jobs a day during winter months as is generally a late start due to overnight frost and I like an early finish.

Before pics

ants

« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2015, 05:57:13 pm »
Been using alloy gutter vac nozzles which came with alloy poles. I then bought a couple of carbon poles with the rubber necks and looking for better end tools for tight gutters and not far off tight gutters!
I was looking at the long crevice tool from polarbrite.

Any pointers?
Gutter Cleaning Systems do the best attachments and their carbon poles are great.
I've done a lot of gutter cleaning and find it doesn't matter how good  your tools,or suction, you will always need  to use ladders on some of them.
Out of interest what other suppliers vac's and attachments have you used.
I  started with omnivac and all the attachments
The vacs still going great after 6 years and i bought it 2nd hand
I bought a rubber 51 mm bend off e bay which fits on the poles and attachments, that's good  was about £10
Then I bought the bits of bent plastic attachments off Gardiners, about £70 if i remember,seriously over priced for what they are  IMO
Then i bought the carbon poles and all the attachments from Gutter clearing services and have never looked back.My only disappointment was he wouldn't knock any money off,even though i didn't buy them  through e bay .
Hope that helps,sorry for late reply,i don't come on here much.

Smurf

Re: Gutter vac end attachments New
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2015, 06:03:06 pm »
Smudger I must admit the last one a 4 bed detached with double garage was a bit off a PITA  to do. Even though was not too bad one corner down the side had a blooming sat dish and tree branches in the way to get right in to clear the corner of sods. So out came my spike attachment which I was able to break the sods up and cleared the corner out then was able to vac it out ok.

I took onboard what you said about using a better technique to reduce ladder work.  ;)

Still I came very close to using me telescopic branch loppers that I carry in the van I can tell you... not just on the branches either ;D