This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

Re: Gutter vac end attachments
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2015, 10:48:55 am »
May I also add Darran (smudger)
Lives in Norfolk and Nick I believe this is where you are situated.

Maybe Nick you could give Darran a demonstration  ;)
He is regarded as one of the more experienced guys on here.

Thanks
Lee.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2015, 05:25:34 pm »
Hello,

I think that there needs to be a bit of clarification on this issue because there's been some interesting comments. Just to be clear Darran (Smudger) has never owned any kits manufactured by Gutter Cleaning Systems, we've never seen him, spoke to him or had any dealings whatsoever with him. For some reason from the very outset when we were first on this forum he has had some kind of issue with us, what that is I have no idea.

Our systems have been constructed from cleaning thousands of metres of gutters trialling many different machines from different manufacturers over a period ranging in power from 1400 watts up to 4200 watts. We have put together kits which offer the best performance and value. The reason we settled on the Viper is because they are excellent machines with excellent suction and also the fact they are a wholly owned division of Nilfisk. Our kits are in daily use throughout the UK, Ireland, USA, Belgium, Canada and Australia to name a few.

So that told you smudger  ;D

Plankton

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2015, 07:02:27 pm »
The kit I bought is in the garage daily as I was fed up with the poles spinning and the elbow blocking as it folds on itself.
I wonder how many other kits have been shelved on a daily basis. :D

Nick Day

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2015, 08:50:13 pm »
Before I reply to Alan Ritchies accusations I should say that if you decide to buy a pole set and put it with a vacuum of your choice then it is important that you ensure that your vacuum is configured for gutter cleaning, if you don't you may well be plagued with loss of vacuum and subsequently with blockages throughout the system and vacuum problems.
Alan,
You purchased a pole set (no vacuum, no hose) January 2015. We heard nothing from you for seven months when you enquired about purchasing two extra poles. We heard no more from you until this posting.

Plankton

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 10:39:50 pm »
You need to check your paper work properly  ;)

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 10:53:18 pm »
You need to check your paper work properly  ;)

So did you buy carbon or ali pole package from nick and what’s up exactly with the poles and heads that come with it?

Plankton

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 11:08:32 pm »
Could someone please tell me what accusations I've made  ???
I have stated that the alloy poles spin, I have also more or less said that the neck is rubbish. No accusations just my opinion of a product that I bought.
I have emails to gcs which were never replied to!

I have found far better replacements for the items I bought which I have had no trouble with. The suppliers also took the time to respond to my all emails.

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 11:28:20 pm »
Could someone please tell me what accusations I've made  ???
I have stated that the alloy poles spin, I have also more or less said that the neck is rubbish. No accusations just my opinion of a product that I bought.
I have emails to gcs which were never replied to!

I have found far better replacements for the items I bought which I have had no trouble with. The suppliers also took the time to respond to my all emails.

I did not get what nick was on about either.
Regards to you trying to contact him well he might have been too busy flogging stuff or clearing gutters etc to worry about the little things like offering a good customers after sales service   ::)roll

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 12:04:36 am »
I have one of these kits
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-gutter-cleaner-gutter-cleaning-gutter-vacuum-kit-/121800929796?hash=item1c5be6b204:g:lusAAOSwIwhWRgPO
 i like the adjustable neck and its handy having the different attachments but tend to mainly use the thin and and very thin ones but its the spinning of the poles that really annoys me, have tried putting tape round the joints and over lapping the clamps but still not great.
I have upgraded the vac as the little one soon lost its suction.

lee_dewing

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2015, 12:16:34 am »
Hi rob that is gutter clearing systems they also sell on ebay to.
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Plankton

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 12:35:17 am »
The emails that were not answered were regarding other equipment not complaints about the spinning poles and rubbish design of the elbow. I had accepted the fact that alloy poles spin although I'm not sure if the quick release bolts on others make a difference. The vac hose which the elbow was constructed from couldn't hold the same diameter through the bend and completely kinked when you increased the angle, indecently it was the same vac hose that came with the order.
I have checked the invoice from January and it doesn't have a break down of items ordered or specify a delivery amount. For some reason suppliers choose not to detail individual items with their cost. This only results in discrepancies further down the line.

Plankton

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 12:39:25 am »
Hi rob that is gutter clearing systems they also sell on ebay to.
Do you mean gutter vac systems, similar names but they have the rubber elbow and quick realise clamps.

Plankton

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2015, 12:47:11 am »
I have one of these kits
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30-gutter-cleaner-gutter-cleaning-gutter-vacuum-kit-/121800929796?hash=item1c5be6b204:g:lusAAOSwIwhWRgPO
 i like the adjustable neck and its handy having the different attachments but tend to mainly use the thin and and very thin ones but its the spinning of the poles that really annoys me, have tried putting tape round the joints and over lapping the clamps but still not great.
I have upgraded the vac as the little one soon lost its suction.
Over lapping the clamp dose make a difference but not enough to stop driving you 😠  Smudger has said many times you need a solid neck but I'm not prepared to spend around £50 for grippas. I must say I haven't had the spinning problem with the carbon  poles.

Smurf

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2015, 08:15:02 pm »
I've found pole that swivel - not good, solid heads that swivel – very handy.

Avo

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 07:19:40 am »
Before I reply to Alan Ritchies accusations I should say that if you decide to buy a pole set and put it with a vacuum of your choice then it is important that you ensure that your vacuum is configured for gutter cleaning, if you don't you may well be plagued with loss of vacuum and subsequently with blockages throughout the system and vacuum problems.
Alan,
You purchased a pole set (no vacuum, no hose) January 2015. We heard nothing from you for seven months when you enquired about purchasing two extra poles. We heard no more from you until this posting.
I too bought some of your alloy poles few years ago they should be illegal there so heavy.. sent emails about the carbon poles without any response been made by you..
Why do u not reply to people's emails?

Mr. S

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 03:27:42 pm »
I've not been on here for a few weeks since making enquiries about what direction to go with a vac!.....
Well, all I can say is ive been too busy earning  with my recently bought industrial sky vac and carbon poles. So far no probs with it, it's really a good investment for gutters above conservatories and all those horrible stinky gutters. No more getting covered in crap or taking risks! I may need to get the ladder off occasionally but I'm limiting my chances of an accident!
It came at a hefty price but worth it just to be safe and keep working. Similar reason as to why somebody would change from ladders to wfp!
Oh, I bought the camera etc too! Really glad I did! Attachments could poss have room for improvement together with the angled neck.

Plankton

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 07:52:40 pm »
I've not been on here for a few weeks since making enquiries about what direction to go with a vac!.....
Well, all I can say is ive been too busy earning  with my recently bought industrial sky vac and carbon poles. So far no probs with it, it's really a good investment for gutters above conservatories and all those horrible stinky gutters. No more getting covered in crap or taking risks! I may need to get the ladder off occasionally but I'm limiting my chances of an accident!
It came at a hefty price but worth it just to be safe and keep working. Similar reason as to why somebody would change from ladders to wfp!
Oh, I bought the camera etc too! Really glad I did! Attachments could poss have room for improvement together with the angled neck.
Well done Mr S. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll be making some return too.

ants

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 05:42:10 pm »
Been using alloy gutter vac nozzles which came with alloy poles. I then bought a couple of carbon poles with the rubber necks and looking for better end tools for tight gutters and not far off tight gutters!
I was looking at the long crevice tool from polarbrite.

Any pointers?
Gutter Cleaning Systems do the best attachments and their carbon poles are great.
I've done a lot of gutter cleaning and find it doesn't matter how good  your tools,or suction, you will always need  to use ladders on some of them.

Plankton

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2015, 06:50:26 pm »
Been using alloy gutter vac nozzles which came with alloy poles. I then bought a couple of carbon poles with the rubber necks and looking for better end tools for tight gutters and not far off tight gutters!
I was looking at the long crevice tool from polarbrite.

Any pointers?
Gutter Cleaning Systems do the best attachments and their carbon poles are great.
I've done a lot of gutter cleaning and find it doesn't matter how good  your tools,or suction, you will always need  to use ladders on some of them.
Out of interest what other suppliers vac's and attachments have you used.

Smudger

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2015, 07:16:20 pm »
Alan - your not allowed to ask such questions - Nick won't like it you know.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk