This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Which RO please?
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:36:21 pm »
I am still running a RO-Man type of RO (upgraded to three chambers on the top) system which I have had for about ten years. But because I also feed Dan the Man his water I find it struggles to supply all our needs especially after the membranes and filters start to get clogged.

So I really want to uprate the capacity of my water output. Unlike most I also like to bring my water to 000TDS (letting it rise to about 005 max) before I pump it to the van.

What should I get?

I use about 1200 litres of pure water a week and Dan uses about the same so 2400 in all.

What should I get? I'd rather have more than less so about 3000 plus per week is about right.
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

Re: Which RO please?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:44:54 pm »
Where do you want to be in the next year or so ?

Ultimately it's the 4040 route - quick, high volume, brings my tds down from mid 300's to 004

I loved my Merlin, it served me well, I only sold it after 4 years because a 4040 system was in the van I brought, down side is water usage is slightly higher, but I boosted mine, and to be honest I never noticed a drop in usage when going 4040.

You can now get 2020's but have no knowledge of production rates etc...

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 10:46:47 pm »
With a 4040 it's future proof, I require 2k of pure per day - this keeps up ( although it's a bit close some days ) that's storage issues not production

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:53:56 pm »
I've got 2650L of static storage capacity.

So how much is everything I need for a 4040? Where would you buy it?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 07:28:00 am »
I've got 2650L of static storage capacity.

So how much is everything I need for a 4040? Where would you buy it?
you could buy it from purefreedom as a plug and play system wouldnt be my 1st choice but all set up and ready to go

gaps water
daqua
would be my 1st choice

Walter Mitty

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 07:35:48 am »
I got my 4040 from gaps water around 2010.  The nice lady there (June?) even emailed me a diagram of which bits went where.  The initial outlay may be a bit high due to needing a housing.  It's still turning out water at 008 after 5 years at around 50-90 litres per hour (variable).  I have two resin vessels after it (only need one I suppose but I already had the other so may as well use it). I have the low pressure version without a pump at 35-40 psi.  If I had a pumped system, it would produce much more - but I don't need more as I'm a sole trader.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 08:03:01 am »
Thanks chaps.

@Walter Mitty

My water gauge on my present RO shows a steady 80 PSI from the tap (unless Mrs. Gold is running the washing machine and Miss Gold is having a shower!) - is that enough?

And is that variable 50 - 90L per hour the actual produced "pure"?

And how often do any membranes need replacing?

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 08:12:32 am »
Walter, do you have a link to the RO you bought please?

Sorry to hijack G-G-G-Granville  ;)
You can't polish a turd

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 03:14:28 pm »

No, be my guest - the more the merrier.

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 03:18:22 pm »
I am still running a RO-Man type of RO (upgraded to three chambers on the top) system which I have had for about ten years.

Mine's about the same age as yours, but it's like Trigger's Broom;  I've replaced the three chambers, all the hose, and the metal bracket.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 09:31:40 pm »
Thanks chaps.

@Walter Mitty

My water gauge on my present RO shows a steady 80 PSI from the tap (unless Mrs. Gold is running the washing machine and Miss Gold is having a shower!) - is that enough?

And is that variable 50 - 90L per hour the actual produced "pure"?

And how often do any membranes need replacing?

80 PSI ought to be enough for the ordinary 4040 (HF4 I think, though check with your supplier).  The 50-90 litres per hour is the pure water production.  However, that is quiter a low yield for this type of membrane; production is typically much higher and certainly ought to be if you have 80 PSI pressure (mine is 35-40PSI).
Ive had my 4040 installed for about 4 or 5 years, and it's still knocking out water at 008-010.  I do turn the waste full on once or twice a week for maybe 15 minutes.  I have 2 resin vessels after the RO.  Probably only need 1 but as I already had them, I may as well use them,

Walter Mitty

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 09:39:27 pm »

I will check.  It was from gaps water.
Found it:
http://www.gapswater.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Membranes_used_in_window_cleaning_water_fed_pole_systems.html

I bought the top one - the HF5 4040.
If you have decent water pressure or a pumped system, the HF4 4040 may be better for you.  Phone them up and ask if unsure which to buy.
My initial outlay was quite high because I needed a housing and a few fittings too.  However, it's been the most trouble-free membrane that I've had.

DaveG

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 08:50:47 am »
Cheers!
You can't polish a turd