Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul H Coulthard

Got a 2 Non Payers for carpet cleaning
« on: October 31, 2015, 04:40:22 pm »
Hi ive recently got 2 non payers for carpet cleaning 1 for the amount of £100 & 1 for the amount of £150 both said would pay by bacs transfer the day after now been nearly 2 weeks for both just ignoring my messages  and voice mails ect. How would u go about this ??

CleanerCarpets

Re: Got a 2 Non Payers for carpet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 05:01:40 pm »
Knock the door, its the first port of call. Go face to face unexpected.

Hilton

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 05:11:53 pm »
Why BACS ?
Are they commercial customers

ShaunL

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 05:18:12 pm »
Knock the door. Ask them if they were unsatisifed about anything. If so put it right (although they should have phoned)
what type of customer are they?

from edge2edge

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 05:18:44 pm »
Agree with knock the door( I assume they weren't end of tenancy.............always cash as you don't know where to chase them)....Alan(Swindon)

derek west

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 06:06:54 pm »
Give them a call, i've had a few that have taken ages to pay, its usually nothing sinister, just they don't see it as urgent, ring them and ask them and they will probably just say they forgot, then they will probably forget again so ring again and then send a final reminder through the post, if they still haven't paid by then then maybe they are trying it on. in that case get in touch with thomas higgins and they will send a polite but formal demand for the money, that should do it.

David Ware

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »
The first question should be,  is there any reason that the invoice has not been paid.
David

jasonl

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 06:12:00 pm »
Ask politely most pay . I have had a couple that I chased all over town and never gave in till I got paid.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 06:39:11 pm »
Hi ive recently got 2 non payers for carpet cleaning 1 for the amount of £100 & 1 for the amount of £150 both said would pay by bacs transfer the day after now been nearly 2 weeks for both just ignoring my messages  and voice mails ect. How would u go about this ??

As per the bold above.........

So they are not answering the phone when you call? Have you tried a different phone so the numbers different or withholding your number.

If they have not answered your calls then they are trying to get out of paying, if you are a bit timid and don't handle confrontation well ( nothing to be ashamed of some people are not good in these situations) then you could try  downloading the claim forms for the small claims court  filling them in photocopying them and posting them through the door with a note saying the originals will be filed in 5 working days.

But if they are experienced non payers then nothing You do will bother them,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Paul H Coulthard

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 06:45:18 pm »
I have called 5 times left voice mails  and texted also sent her messaged through Facebook she has seen the messages . She was 100% happy with the job she didn't have cash in the house and we do not take cheque after been done for £250 for a big job so we take bacs before the job. Will call her again and if no payment by next week will call at her door.

tim handley

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2015, 07:13:20 pm »
if no joy,  give her the dirty water back, through her letter box via a funnel and length of pipe...........

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 07:31:06 pm »
Small claims, if you have proof of work done, then its really simple

ShaunL

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 08:00:20 pm »
lol Tim. Has anyone ever returned dirty water?

derek west

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2015, 08:06:55 pm »
thomas higgins, cost you £2.99

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2015, 08:16:56 pm »
returning dirty water is a non starter and an old wives tale i reckon

people are different face to face - just knock the door and sort it there and then

no point advising to ring Derek - he has with no response. They are hoping you will go away quietly - dont!

i spent 6 years working for a debt collection company collecting debts on the doorstep from people who had not paid on adverse credit loans. Some are professional non payers and you need to shout loud and then they pay. Some are in real trouble and thats different. But i would suggest these are taking the pee out of you and the longer you leave it the harder it is. Knock the door, then knock again, then knock again - you will get it but just phoning you may as well be peeing in the wind

tim handley

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2015, 09:53:29 pm »
i would never return the water,  but i do remember somebody who did something similar when he finished a job in  a very expensively decorated/furnished/carpeted house,  did a good job but they refused to pay him point blank so he poured a bucket all over the hall carpets after hed packed his gear up, then did one quickish in his van......   turned out it was a  very notorious  traveller family and he more or less had to go into hiding for a while!   forget where i read it,  may be a load of cobblers, but a great story!!

garyhumphreys

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2015, 10:01:27 pm »
I always leave a message or send a text/email saying that as I cant make contact and its been too long I'm unfortunately going to have to ''escalate'' my efforts to recover the payment.
Usually a gentle threat of further action will get a response.

hotsteam

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 10:49:21 pm »
why don't you guys take action against these thefts because that's what they are ?

I have trouble was one customer he owed £220 for one job it wasn't the money that peed me off but the way  he kept making promises, like my wife will drop a cheque in, or pay by bac's .

So I sent a letter stating all the bulls**t and legal action would follow if not settled within 7 days,
next day at 10.30 am I get a phone call from him saying he would pay by bac's which he did.

Go for it, it is your money  ::)roll

Steve Chapman

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2015, 11:39:35 pm »
You used to be able to do an online small claims for about £25.00.

Not used it for a while but when I did always got payment immediately. ...

They get an official Summons through the post & normally puts the frighteners on them.....

Fortunately haven't had any non payers for a while so not sure if it's still available ...

Darran Pryce

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2015, 09:37:20 am »
I always stress before hand, payment either in cash on the day of the clean, or BACS whilst on site (before I go) never any problems with domestic customers.  I do not except cheques either! Now  commercial, thats another kettle of fish, but always pay. I have also put on £30 admin charge for late commercial payments. Works in most cases, others, well they have to pay the £30 as set out in my terms (don't get many of these though).