This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Which roof rack ?
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:35:24 pm »
Hi guys , just about to kit out a new van , i cant make my mind up over ......Rhino delta bars or Vanguard ulti bars !
Any of you use either and any bad things about them ?
Also looking at Rhino safe clamps , worth it or not ?

And is there a place that deals with all of the above with little tiny prices ?
Thanks Rich 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Smurf

Re: Which roof rack ?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 11:06:16 pm »
Not used any so can't really comment. As for tiny prices best keep an eye out on the likes of gumtree, fleebay etc as you might be able to pick up a used bargain. Not long ago I gave away a good set of thule roof bars that was off my old berlingo and other bits and bobs to a chap that was just starting out.

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 07:35:57 am »
I have the Rhino deta bars also with my transporter and the roller bar kit for the back. This is so simple to get ladders on an off wished I had one years ago. And have found the safe claps great so much easier than wind down clamps.

Roy

chris turner

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:50:25 am »
Just put the ulti bars on my new van this weekend. There a good price, and dead easy to fit.

jk999

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 09:34:14 am »
Had my rhino clamps over three years best clamps I have ever had

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 03:31:51 pm »
jk999 , did you not get a recall on the clamps you have ?
I only ask as clamps older than 5 months are suffering failures , dont think it was all clamps , only certain batches , the cam mech in them can go a bit iffy, if you are concerned it may be worth a call as you might well get the mk2 set FOC .
Some blokes ladder went adrift on the motorway and they dont want it happening again !

I got them today , i wont mind taking the ladders off from now on , i also went for the ulti bars in the end as the rhinos nearly put my back out when i went to pick them off the shelf , hard wearing yes , but i have just halfed my payload so weight is a big issue for the new setup.

Thanks all for input.       Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jk999

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 05:32:52 pm »
Had my rhino clamps over three years best clamps I have ever had

S.A.J

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 05:43:33 pm »
Got Ulti Bars and rihno clamps both fantastic  :-*

Rich Wilts

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 05:55:12 pm »
Ive got two of these. No need to get the steps out to get to the clamps, no need to stand on the front seat to get to the clamps. There ain't no clamps.  ;D

http://www.van-guard.co.uk/products/ladder+slide+-and-+secure/ford/ladder+slide+-and-+secure+-+3m+aluminium+ladder+slides+with+ladder+securing+system+by+van+guard-43

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 09:16:39 pm »
You can't polish a turd