Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tim handley

personal messages
« on: October 15, 2015, 06:29:31 pm »
cmon guys, lets have a personal message facility??????    i hope im not missing something, but there seems to be no way i can contact another member via pm,  so, do we have to put our personal phone numbers etc etc on open forum??   wassup????

AuRavelling79

Re: personal messages
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 08:40:43 pm »
Not speaking for forum admin but there were pm's in the dim and dismal past but the view was they were abused.

A) By clandestinely advertising other forums and personal products.
B) Abusive messages and veiled threats being sent. I believe a female member of the forum was "stalked" tho' that may not have been just personal messaging.

So it was stopped.
It's a game of three halves!

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 02:11:22 pm »
Shame really it was spoiled by a few  as would be a nice add-on to have back

tim handley

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 10:56:36 am »
can admin not simply monitor pms (like the other forum)   and as soon as somebody abuses it, they get a warning,  then if they do it again, they are off????

Rich Wilts

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 01:22:22 am »
They're not private then. It's an atrocious suggestion to be honest.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 09:52:22 am »
if people just filled in their profiles then there would be no need for a PM Function as you could just email them. Or if members used their real names then contacting them would be easy.

You can't have it both ways, either fill in your profile and list your website or accept there is no private message facility
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk