Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: Marketing
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2015, 11:53:42 am »
Do you think it is a gamble to assume everyone is capable of 'googling' or even know what it means?
If you're referring to the older generations, I think the majority of them are very computer / Google savvy.
We get lots of older people calling us and they always seem very well informed, after all, they have a lot more time on the their hands to research things. They also know what they want.

Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 01:19:39 pm »
I think now we live in a global community the older person needs to use a Computor more, look how many people move out of their home town for work, the grandparents need to use Skype and email to keep in touch with their grandchildren.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

SimonW

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2015, 01:23:51 pm »
Iam just having mixed feelings but fair point Mike as my wifes grandmother 72yrs calls us on Skype every weekend!

neil 47

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2015, 04:20:46 pm »
Mike

One question why do you buy the magazines ?

When you could just go in and stamp the ones there .

And offer a free area clean for allowing it then your in both ways .
IICRC

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2015, 10:33:22 pm »
where do you get the mags from Mike? any links?

cheers

Mike Halliday

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 06:41:57 am »
Neil have you seen the grotty mags in  doctors surgeries, they reason they allow me to put these new ones in is they need the old ones replacing.

Dawg, I wish I knew where to buy this magazines wholesale, I buy them from a local market, the guy has a Stall selling New (but not this months) magazine he gives me a really good price on them because I buy so many but he still must be making a profit.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Hilton

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 08:33:44 am »
People in their 70's are not regarded as elderly any more and will be in the most part completely comfortable with social media etc,

Those in their mid 80's now  and it is a huge number maybe not so savvy but as time marches on and the explosion of older people in our communities starts to match those of our younger  they will all be compute literate.

Those that ignore this segment in their market targeting are making a huge blunder.

Ian Harper

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2015, 06:39:08 am »
Marketing = selling to people that are looking for your service or product
Sales = selling  is using a time dated offer for prospects that might have carpet cleaning on their list but its not at the top,

The internet is a great example of marketing these people are actively looking for carpet cleaners. Pink flyer is a great example of sales in action.

with people that are looking most will be price sensitive and you need to sell yourself more. with sales prospects your mostly the only person and price will not be such an issue.

Two approaches, two different groups which need different messages.

Respects

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2015, 05:00:45 pm »
My mother is 84 and she's on facebook every day though it's just to keep track of the family. My sister keeps her up to date on how to use it.

Last year I went to do a quote for a lady 82 and I asked her where she got my number from.......on my ipad she said which was bought as a present from her daughter.
She said she wouldn't be with out it......keeps up with the horse racing and all sorts of other stuff.

Ian Harper

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2015, 05:56:53 pm »
Great book I can recommend for selling to seniors, great insight to the richest group of people at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Marketing-Leading-Boomers-Seniors/dp/1599184508