This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jinky230

WASHING MONOBLOCK IS THERE A DIFFERENCE
« on: May 08, 2006, 11:18:46 pm »
GUYS TRYING TO SPEED UP THE JETWASHING OF DRIVEWAYS DECKING ETC AND LOOKING AT DIFFERENT TYPES OF EQUIPMENT FROM DIFFERENT SUPPLIERS

NOW i WOULD LIKE TO USE A SURFACE CLEANER AND THANKS TO ADVICE ON THIS SITE AND OTHER THE EQUIPMENT TO GET IS A 15LPM HIGH PRESSURE WASHER PLUS SURFACE CLEANER BUT FOUND THESE DIFFERENT 2 AT DIFFERENT PRICES ARE THEY SIMULAR OR DOES THE DEARER ONE FROM DUAL PUMPS JUSTIFY THE EXTRA COST. DONT MIND PAYING AS FALSE ECONOMY CAN BE THE WRONG DIRECTION IN THE LONG RUN - BUT HAY THEY LOOK THE SAME TO ME JUST DIFFERENT COLOURS. HER IS THE LINKS PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AND IF YOU CAN HELP IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

JINKY

http://www.northerntooluk.com/product/default.asp?action=&k=&i=&s=&page=&x=0&h=5&g=4&catId=29&subCatId=225&x=0&h=5&g=4

http://www.dualpumps.co.uk/pages/flat_surface_cleaners/whirl_a_way_etc.htm

carl stanton

Re: WASHING MONOBLOCK IS THERE A DIFFERENCE
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 11:30:47 pm »
the 1st link looks a bit more robust??? but what are the extra notches around it? maybe for wheels? it might be good to get a hannds on look if pratical.
and stop shouting  ;D

jinky230

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 11:40:42 pm »
forgot the caps was on when you are getting old in the tooth your eye sight takes a hammering,

jinky

mick40

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 11:59:32 pm »
once heard someone complaining because the people who power-washed there drive had removed all the sand between the blocks. :-\
if i eat myself will i be twice as fat or will i disappear?

jinky230

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 07:21:44 am »
we reapply the sand on every job if you dont the blocks can come loose

jinky

Richy L

carl stanton

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 05:37:27 pm »
i have laid block paving, and you just brush dry silocone sand, very fine sand over the blocks with a normal broom. dont need to hose down though!

Richy L

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 06:05:03 pm »
cheers carl, when i jet wash block paving, i usually dont put the sand back, but a few people have mentioned it. good to know!

jinky230

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 06:48:05 pm »
leeksons the sand gives it a really good finish remember to price for sand about £3 a bag  - kiln n dried and half an hour to apply, dont try to apply the sand when it is wet wait for dry period - gets too heavy when the sand gets wet
when wet it turns a half hour job into 1 hour most people rebook the following year
when they see the difference we charge £140 for a basic driveway

jinky

now guys can we get back to the original issue, trying to find the difference between the 2 surface cleaners ---- your help would be as I state again highly appreciated

jinky

spotless2000

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 09:01:14 pm »
Sorry for not letting you get back to the original issue just yet ....

Do you spray a weed killer on 1st?

If so does this also get rid of the grass & moss growing in between the blocks?

Which weed killer do you recommend?

Cheers.

Steve

jinky230

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 09:07:56 pm »
you dont need a weed killer the pressure from the jet washer is enough to shift most weeds

you can repaint the monobloc with a clear stabiliser this suppresses weeds
as it acts as a sealer, also prolongs the length of dirt build up, but then this is another service and most people wont go to that cost, however if they ask you can offer this service

you brush the stuff on with a roller does not make the monobloc look any different as it is clear, you can view  the stuff in bnq to get an idea what it is about then look about for cheaper ulternatives

but as I said most people will not run the etc cost and you are doing yourself out of a job for next year as they expect it to last a few years

in my views better not offering
jinky

abacus

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 11:58:15 pm »
 Ive heard the cheaper ones dont work so well but the stainless steel ones look good let me know which you buy and how good they are as thinking of getting one soon regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved