Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Ongoing seo?
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:36:50 am »
I have been looking around for a website company to build me a carpet site and the one which i wanted to go with has said i will need ongoing seo at a cost of £50-£100 per month

is this normal? do any of you guys pay for ongoing seo? i understand a fair amount about seo having built my own sites and reading  a lot on the subject and i realise the importance of off site seo building backlinks over time etc, but this seems a lot of money to be paying every month (i know its not a lot of money if the site makes me a lot more money but for now it is).

Any web designers you can recommend? i

Radek Jablonski

Re: Ongoing seo?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:12:26 am »
You want to buit totally new website for carpet cleaning only or add it to your existing?

50-100 per month is a good price if there are 3-4 keywords included inside this price. And is a must if you want to be on top where is competition for your town, if no competirion and or is weak then you should have it cheaper or able to get it done yourself.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 09:14:20 am »
How competitive  it your market? On the first page of Google do you have any online directories ? eg: freeindex or yell,

I was told if there are not enough local companies to fill the spaces on the 1st page then Google will put in directories, so if your area is not competitive then massive amounts of  ongoing seo might not be needed.

A quick question myself.... Nowadays what is ongoing seo? I heard backlinks were dead
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 09:17:56 am »
See you are in leeds.
No competition, all just adwords on top and directories. You will be on top very quick, get yourself domain named for example carpetcleaningleeds.co.uk and with a bit of seo you will be on top.

neil 47

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 01:45:13 pm »
Radek

Population of leeds is 7 x that of cork yet you can only manage 4th.

As for competition there is only one adwords for cc that comes up and that's the reason you are 4th because there is no competition  cleaning dr even comes up twice before you

There is 11 adwords for cc leeds and the amount of work that will be needed will be a lot to get to no 1 into the hundreds of hours .

See you are in leeds.
No competition, all just adwords on top and directories. You will be on top very quick, get yourself domain named for example carpetcleaningleeds.co.uk and with a bit of seo you will be on top.

What a load of rubbish

I have stopped giving advice on how to do it as once most cc realise how much work it takes they give up and the page languishes on page 3 after paying for it building then not following through with advice due to the time it takes  .as adam has been told its ongoing you either pay with money or your time .

IICRC

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 01:55:06 pm »
Radek

Population of leeds is 7 x that of cork yet you can only manage 4th.

As for competition there is only one adwords for cc that comes up and that's the reason you are 4th because there is no competition  cleaning dr even comes up twice before you

There is 11 adwords for cc leeds and the amount of work that will be needed will be a lot to get to no 1 into the hundreds

At the moment on most you will see me on 1st and 2nd position. Depends on what system, mozilla or chrome etc, it is stabilizing and making stronger on the top. It might show different while you are logged on google, not logged or in incognito mode. 

And whay the hell you are talking about adwords while we talk about seo.

If directories are on the top then that means theres no website with good seo done. So any good domain even new one without seo can get on the first page. With few anchor links you will get to the top.
If you have no idea what to do then dont give advices and dont say to others they speak rubbish as the only one is you. 

Got new website/domain weeks ago. No seo done, just observing for now. Its tilescleaningcork.ie and its between 8-12 position. What you say about it.?
With seo within around 3 months you could get it on top. Just dont doing it now.

neil 47

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 02:13:24 pm »
Use your common sense Radek its because they can't get to No 1 on google organically  so they have to pay to get there at £2.50 a click in leeds  .

whilst over in cork there not bothered as its not viable for them .and its only £1.16 a click

i use google chrome so do 75% of searchers and for the term carpet cleaners in cork you come 7th and you dont even come up on bing , get some seo done  ;D
IICRC

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 02:21:27 pm »
Wasnt paying for carpet cleaners cork yet man :)
Carpet cleaning cork and upholstery cleaning cork
Will be looking after carpet cleaners in futher.
And do not optimise for other then google

Hmmm must be not many inteligent people in leeds so :)  if they cant get on top and directories are better.

Oh and when your checking me you need to use google.ie   ie ie ie :) 

neil 47

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 02:25:12 pm »
https://serps.com/tools/rank_checker

You come 8th if you check on this Radek , you need to clear your cache, or search from another ip address.

you need to sort your website ranking before giving poor advice to someone else
IICRC

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 02:42:34 pm »
cheers guys, i know leeds is pretty competitive and the main reason im looking at getting someone else to build it, i have built sites myself, my window cleaning one i can get top 5 for wakefield but only low page 2 for leeds.

i get what radek is saying though, there is 2-3 directories on first page for leeds which does beg the question why they are managing to beat sites that are having to resort to adwords, i do not know the answer to this.

I think what i will do is pay for the site and all the on site seo stuff doing then see how it goes for a few months and take out the added off site seo package if its needed, which i suspect it will be.

meanwhile i will build my own site for wakefield and see if i can get that ranking

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 02:45:36 pm »
Jesus I stop talking to you. You can not even use correctly the tool you are showing here. Carpet cleaning cork for ireland and for google your tool showing me nr 2 and for upholstery 1 :)

Stop it man as your showing yourself an ..... .  :)

Have no idea what keyword on nr 8th but told you I only did for carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning cork. On the similar keywords I am interested I am in high enough posisions as well.

Ps theres not enough to clean your searches and cookies, you need incognito mode on.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 02:47:49 pm »
Adam, adwords has nothong to do with natural search. You can spend a million on adwords and your website will still not get on top of google natural search.

And when you start paying for seo you can not stop it as then anchor links will be removed and your ranking ruined.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 03:59:40 pm »
yeah i know, but im wondering why these other sites are having to use adwords rather than being able to beat the directiories organically, either there seo is poor or they are new or the directories hold a lot of weight in googles algorithms.

i can get the site built with the on site stuff, the ongoing off site seo, backlinks etc  is offered as an extra

neil 47

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 05:02:45 pm »
Adam

It's all to do with trust and relevance plus content .

A aged  domain with good content site backed up by a places spot and high traffic will get you higher in rankings . Key words is what is difficult to rank as all cc will put carpet cleaners in **** .

One website ranked at no 1 will not give you as much work as one that has a places then a organic no1 plus a adwords this creates trust .

As for radek there is no address photo of himself nothing to create trust his website is good but would convert more if he told every one who he was and what he did and how he does it .

Nothing against you radek it's all good debate that we all learn from
IICRC

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 05:27:41 pm »

As for radek there is no address photo of himself nothing to create trust his website is good but would convert more if he told every one who he was and what he did and how he does it .

Nothing against you radek it's all good debate that we all learn from

All you are talking about, excluding my photo, is on the website. And all is there I think that should be. Not going to say my name is Radek and I am polish guy as it could put people of in first place without having chance to talk. :) Not that I am having problem, at all as Irish people are having no problem with it once you get on the phone and in home.
All my testimonials are real, is told how I clean it, even video showing it even is not professional video (not all at one time) .
And looks like theres enough trust in my website as not having problems with ph calls.

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 08:51:39 pm »
Neil i see you are wakefield/barnsley

your sites do well without looking over complicated, did you make these sites yoursefl?
 im based in north wakefield myself (outwood) so bordering on Leeds, so these will be my two citys to focus on.

neil 47

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2015, 08:17:26 am »
Adam

The wakefield one took me 3 hours to make from a template then a few hours ongoing per week , it dosent do that well in all truth , but that's because I don't push it enough , it's a ongoing project I cover all barnsley  mainly and south wakefield .
IICRC

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2015, 06:49:15 pm »
Ok Neil

Im going to use a sitebuilder for my wakefield one, tried using wordpress but designs not my strongpoint

here is what i have thus far www.carpetcleaningwakefield.co.uk

ignore the prices and the content, just thrown that on for now, hoping to charge a bit more than that  ;)

going to do the off see stuff myself and see what happens

thanks for the help

neil 47

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 11:27:10 pm »
Looks a good start let us know how you get on as ,cant remember last time i had a job in wakefield I think they must all Tight :)
IICRC

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 07:23:49 am »
I dont know what it is with wakefield but ive found the same when comparing it with Leeds.

Yes Leeds is bigger but wakefield postcode isnt small, my car valeting website ranks 1st page for both citys but 80-90% of enquiry come from leeds postcodes.

Keywords suggest wakefield carpet cleaning is pretty well searched, comparable with th search volum for valeting in leeds so i would expect a couple of calls a week from there but i may be wrong.

Leeds will be the one to crack though,  much higher figures.