This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne m

Slx or extreme
« on: July 22, 2015, 06:59:38 am »
I'm going to purchase a new pole and already have the  slx  but just wondering if the extreme is worth the extra £200 ? Thanks

Jonny 87

Re: Slx or extreme
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:02:53 am »
In my opinion yes.

I started out with fibre glass poles.

Noticed a big difference when I moved to a clx.

Then noticed another big difference when I went to a slx.

Then noticed a huge difference when I went to extreme.

I now have an extreme 18 and an extreme 25 that covers about 95% of my residential work. I wouldn't be without them now. Very light and very rigid, which if you are a full time window cleaner means you come home at the end of a long day with no aches and pains. (Or very little).

I honestly wish I'd just went straight into buying an extreme all those years ago.

Some say they don't last, but mine is coming up 5 months old and is showing no wear what so ever apart from the odd light scratch.

Aslong as your not super heavy handed and don't do anything daft with it, and If your willing to spend a few minutes a week maintaining them then they should last very well.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 08:54:32 am »
any pole that makes your working day easier has got to be worth an extra £200 over the course of a couple of years if your poling most work day in/day out,month in/month out,year in/year out.

xtreme 25
xtreme 47

these 2 poles is all i use to cover all my work.i have got an slx 22 as a emergency back up pole as well though.

regular cleaning/flushing of sections,spraying with PTFE lubricant are vital to keep them in good condition.the metal band clamping sections are a good upgrade to the xtreme.

be careful when closing upper windows.if their too stiff just clean them open.

my first extreme 25 main pole lasted 18 months but with the metal bands on the new poles im hoping to get 2 years out of my latest one(bought  dec 2014).

the 47 is 3 years old and i fully expect it to last at least another 3 years as it only gets used around 10 times a month.in fact it could last me  a lot longer!

price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 06:27:05 pm »
I had an extreme 18
I like aquadapters.
Extremes don't like aquadapters.
Two sections snapped.
If you don't use aquadapters I would say an extreme may be worth it, but anything 25 feet or less I would always go for the Slx range.
I use an smax 47 as well, it's a bit cumbersome and heavy for prolonged use fully extended, I would imagine an equivalent extreme would be ideal at that height, Just depends what length pole you're going for.

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »
I use the extreme 25 with an aquatap and extreme medium brush. Lovely job  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smurf

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 06:56:33 pm »
i thought alex has a new pole coming out soon that is even better than an extreme
http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/gardiner-ultimatetm-high-reach-pole-coming-soon-1417.html

bobplum

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 08:46:08 pm »
i have mixed views on the extreme, i am replacing the third section in approximately 12 months, one i replaced when i bought it,(section 1) which i knew about, the second one snapped about 3 months ago ( section 2) and just replacing section three, i dont bash them about, dont close open windows with them unless they close really easily, so i dont know what to make of the pole so far

wayne m

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 09:19:26 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys

kempy

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 07:27:25 am »
Sounds the rolls toyce of poles the Extreame . But I'm a tad concern with these breaking issues .
Think I will buy another 25ft slx .

But tempting to have a 25ft Extreame . But I also like the Aqua-adaptor on my poles

wayne m

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 07:46:05 am »
I'm after a 25ft too but think ill stick with the slx as I've had my other two for years with no issues other than clamps coming loose.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 08:44:07 am »
Sounds the rolls toyce of poles the Extreame . But I'm a tad concern with these breaking issues .
Think I will buy another 25ft slx .

But tempting to have a 25ft Extreame . But I also like the Aqua-adaptor on my poles

As Alex says, no guarantee when you fit an aquadapter.

Matt.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 09:15:17 am »
Am all about buying the cheapest me ........ But

After reading dazmondo's posts about the extremes I bought 35' & 47'
Now just give me any reason at all to get the extremes out....... They really are good poles to use.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 09:31:49 am »
For that height, 35 and above, I would think an extreme would be good, if you can afford it

Matt.

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 09:58:45 am »
 I also bought 2 extensions for the 47 so it comes as a 59, and I thought they Would fit the 35 but I it my eye wiped.
The 35 is a lot slimmer than the 47, not very nice to use at that height in the wind .......... I think it was a case of  more scared of snapping that showing any signs but got there in the end.

Fin Clearview

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 10:54:49 pm »
Had the 25 old extreme (non metal rings) and have to say i miss it every day! It made any window a doddle. Had it with and extreme brush but when it was on its last legs i put the new supreme brush on it. IMO the supreme was too heavy for the pole and it was a far better balance to have the extreme brush. So be warned if you get one you'll love it that much you'll not want to pick up an slx again!

kempy

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 11:23:27 pm »
Plus I prefere other brushes to thr Gardiners , I couldnt use a Extreame brush as they have little scrubbing power . I use the white supreame atm and im happy with that brush . Favourite is probs lay the red Tecbuk .

Think I will buy smother Gardiners SLX 25ft or 30ft pole
Gardiners slx = very good

the king

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 07:24:30 am »
im not a fan of the extreme brush i use the soft supreme an aquadapter looks like the extreme pole is a no go for me  then ide rather have a beta scrubing brush than a liter pole

jonboywalton75

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 08:19:01 am »
My slx 22 lasted 4 years at 3 days a week.
I sold it on eBay 6 months ago for ;£180.00
All I did was fit smart clamps and laquer  it.
Cost me about 30p for every week I used it ;D

SeanK

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 10:21:27 am »
My slx 22 lasted 4 years at 3 days a week.
I sold it on eBay 6 months ago for ;£180.00
All I did was fit smart clamps and laquer  it.
Cost me about 30p for every week I used it ;D

Excellent, where would we be without fools and ebay. ;D

Klean07

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 02:47:41 pm »
I've had my SLX for 3 years but recently brought a similar pole from the Cleaning Warehouse which was £90 cheaper than equivalent Slx. Although I've still got my old slx I prefer to use my Viper for every day use now!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk