This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom.m

Xline 25ltr Trolley system.
« on: July 17, 2015, 09:11:12 pm »
Anyone ever use one? I'm a newbie looking for a wfp system to get started with, needs to fit in a large car.

Cheers

Smurf

Re: Xline 25ltr Trolley system.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 10:54:27 pm »
never used one but looks a bit better than the purefreedom one I have.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 11:36:15 pm »
I recently replaced my 7 year old freedom trolley with the new one. The old one was still working well but I felt the need to replace it and I could afford to do so. Superficially the new one looks the same (other than the colour) but the difference between the two is considerable.  The handle is longer, so I no longer keep catching my heel on the wheel. There are also mods to at least one of the welded joints to make it stronger. (Mine broke on my old one and I had to have it welded) The water pick up hose is now 8mm minibore with a small strainer on the end. This means that you can use almost all the water in the barrel, and if you get an airlock running the barrel dry, then clearing the airlock is very quick. (2-6secs on mine as opposed to 20+ secs on the old one) The wheels seem to fit much better on the new one too, making it much smoother to operate than the old one ever was.

I would have liked to try out the X-Line as it is supposed to be lighter but I didn't want to change my car and the X-Line wouldn't fit in the trunk. I doesn't compact down low enough.  The Freedom trolley fits like it was made to go in it.
The X-Line looks very nice and I like the way the Battery box can be removed without having to remove a wheel. The only other thing that put me off a little is that it sounded very clanky when I watched the advertising video. It wouldn't have put me off giving it a try though had I had an estate car as apposed to a saloon.

andy east sussex

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 07:55:11 pm »
build one I have

Cookie

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 08:56:22 pm »
I use a Pure Freedom trolley which I've had for 4 months or so. I've been very happy with it on the whole. The one minor niggle is the fact that the nuts which hold the wheels on protrude and I scratched the paintwork off a customers gate due to this the other day! Fortunately she was OK with it and still gave me a £2 tip!

I do like the removable battery on the X-Line trolley - particularly useful if you don't have a garage or shed to charge the battery in overnight. Looking at the X-Line video I'm not sure how sturdy that handle would be ....

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 09:16:58 pm »
I use a Pure Freedom trolley which I've had for 4 months or so. I've been very happy with it on the whole. The one minor niggle is the fact that the nuts which hold the wheels on protrude and I scratched the paintwork off a customers gate due to this the other day! Fortunately she was OK with it and still gave me a £2 tip!

I do like the removable battery on the X-Line trolley - particularly useful if you don't have a garage or shed to charge the battery in overnight. Looking at the X-Line video I'm not sure how sturdy that handle would be ....

Do you take your trolley out of your van for every job? I used to but now iv got the 100m hose, the only thing I need to take out is my pole !  ;D

Cookie

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 09:59:46 pm »
I do tend to take the trolley out of the van every time - probably just force of habit. I was however thinking that I ought to try working with the trolley in the van sometimes, particularly since I'd like to move to a van mount at some point and it would help me to get accustomed to this new way of working.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 10:28:52 pm »
I do tend to take the trolley out of the van every time - probably just force of habit. I was however thinking that I ought to try working with the trolley in the van sometimes, particularly since I'd like to move to a van mount at some point and it would help me to get accustomed to this new way of working.

Mate it makes your working day ALOT easier and faster! picking that thing up and down all the time does get tiring after a while, I used to take everything out so I could lock the van, but it just took forever at each job, give it a try pal, as long as your hose is long enough, you'll speed up loads 👍

Cookie

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 11:01:49 pm »

Mate it makes your working day ALOT easier and faster! picking that thing up and down all the time does get tiring after a while, I used to take everything out so I could lock the van, but it just took forever at each job, give it a try pal, as long as your hose is long enough, you'll speed up loads 👍

Thanks for the advice Shane. I'll give it a go!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 11:39:01 pm »
My round consists of lots of 'blocks' of houses many of which are adjacent to each other. On those 'blocks' I have anything from 5 - 20 houses. The parking in many areas is not guaranteed though. In parts it's a nightmare. There are one or two houses here and there where I leave the trolley in the car and run out a short hose, but for the most part the trolley comes out and stays out most of the morning or afternoon. 24mtrs of microbore hose gets me to all of the windows on all but about 2 houses on my entire round. So for me the Freedom trolley is brilliant.

slap bash

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 07:30:51 pm »
I think owning a backpack on a trolley is a good investment as I still use my one, were ever I need a hose to go a long way behind a building and were i cannot park close to the customers house.

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 07:49:23 pm »
I think is a matter of time before you will realise like I did how much hassle backpacks or trolleys are for everday use.
Yes they have their uses for the odd awkward job but I soon learnt they where a real pain in the arse.

I simply pick & choose the work I want to take  on now and leave the hassle stuff to others.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 08:25:54 pm »
A friend of mine has gone full circle in the last few years.

He started off using a homemade 60ltr trolley. He then went over to a van mount with 100mtr and then 200mtr hose reels so there was nowhere he couldn't reach on his round which is a lot like mine (blocks of houses, challenging parking). I recently discovered he has gone back to the 60ltr trolley as he finds pulling out the hose too much hassle.