This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amazin

£30 just to clean the front!
« on: July 06, 2015, 10:13:41 am »
lol, just got a quote from a London based window cleaner. £30 just to clean the front of a 3 bedroom house, even if its local to him! Bit too much don't you think?

Smudger

Re: £30 just to clean the front!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 10:30:29 am »
not if its a one off :)
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 10:34:35 am »
I have customers who would be looking their fascia's gutters and windows cleaned for that money and could
more than likely get somebody to do it for that price.
At the end of the day there is no such thing as charging too much as your not forcing people to pay it, fair play to him
because I would be charging the same if I could get it.

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 11:14:06 am »
One-off cleans a window cleaner should charge more anyway especially if it involves plastics restoration work, builders clean etc as takes a lot more time.

What some may think is expensive is irrelevant  really as it's down to the cleaner how much they want for the job for the hassle and how long the job is going to take.

If a cleaner wins every job then I would say they are too cheap.  Selling on price alone is not a good idea as cleaners are just selling themselves short.

You get what you pay for as they say....

Mick Kent

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 01:12:27 pm »
I have lots of £80/100 large 3 story double fronted fronts in central london,  having houses worth over 10 million  i think £80 for a clean is acceptable. In NW8 i have 2 monthly customers next to eachother who i charge £250 each for in and out which takes a day, They are filthy rich and dont bat an eyelid paying me, 1 has the key for the other and pays for both. Have canvassed the road and roads around it but cant pick up anything else which is a bugger as would be the ultimate.
Depending what part of london but £30 could be reasonable.

sunshine windows

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 01:37:46 pm »
Average front for me is £10 minimum, best priced is £50 monthly. There are around 20 large sash windows and 2 entrances through.

Let's not forget it's London you're talking about.  If there are parking/congestion charges to consider I think it's a fair price.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 02:13:01 pm »
Working in London would defo do my head in no matter how much each job was worth.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 02:15:12 pm »
The clue is in the word London. Why should someone have to traipse through London traffic and then struggle to park within an accessible distance of the property for pocket money?