Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: Conservatory valet
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2017, 10:51:16 am »
I started this  topic about 18 months ago to enquiry about con' roof cleaning.

I started cleaning conservatories last summer ,  I have have cleaned about 25 and still Cannot clean them as fast as quoted in these replies 2 of us are taking 90mins just for the roof, and we have yet to find one we could get really clean without putting up the portable scaffold.

We are charging on average £180 just for a roof & guttering clean ( we do rinse the Windows as we tend to splash them) this was this weeks job this took us 2 hrs, it had 2gutters against the house.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2017, 06:32:08 pm »
Maybe you could always hypo the crap out of it from the ground if you want to do it quicker. lol

And the funny bit is I'm not joking.

BDCS

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2017, 06:52:24 pm »
Thats what I do

Matt.

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2017, 10:56:21 pm »
I wouldn't use hypo on these type of jobs ( I don't do domestic ), I tried hypo on glass roofs on commercial jobs and it's not very good to say the least.

Virosol or ics ( supplier for clover chems )  brand powersol was what I used to use, on similar type jobs, but now use ics hd degreaser £10 for 5l,  which is by far the best chem I have found for these type of jobs.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2017, 07:30:33 am »
I use TFR At the moment, I was thinking of using a biocide sprayed on the same day as I do the quote so it has a week or so to work before I do the clean.

It's the decorative  apex that the challenge, getting into all the little knock & crannies, where we can lean across and reach with a handbrush gives a much better finish than the WFPs

Smurf

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2017, 10:14:39 am »
Pointy bits can be a pig to clean properly for sure. I always ask to view the conservatory roof from an upstairs bedroom window on a quote  if possible. Then afterwards just to make sure I've cleaned all the roof properly. If not I get the custard to spot for me from  the bedroom window as is quite easy to miss bits especially on awkward ones. Trapped moss growing in between trims is my pet hate and also needs to be removed.  Not to mention to clear any roof and wall gullies (if applicable) and inside the guttering too.

You could pretreat the roof  whilst their after a quote I suppose as might help to speed up the clean when you call back to clean it.
I've not tried this myself yet but I'm sure someone mentioned on here they do with the algon or something like that.

Matt.

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2017, 12:27:58 pm »
We did a rather big glass roof last year, I had it all planned out using hypo. The crap was welded to it, went along on day one prewet each section and treated with hypo, hoping the next day to just fly through it. Was a waste of time.
I think ur approach off the scaffolding is about as good as it could be done at reasonable prices

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2017, 03:48:54 pm »
If you freeze frame at 1:47 on TS vid - the dirt looks to me like its been deliberately smeared on, unless they have a pet monkey

Smurf

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2017, 07:34:42 pm »
We did a rather big glass roof last year, I had it all planned out using hypo. The crap was welded to it, went along on day one prewet each section and treated with hypo, hoping the next day to just fly through it. Was a waste of time.
I think ur approach off the scaffolding is about as good as it could be done at reasonable prices

Was that the bird poop from hell railway station glass roof?

Matt.

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2017, 09:58:29 pm »
It was smurf, second one we done was worse than the first.

That hd degreaser worked wonderers, water was flowing out of brushes and we dipped it into buckets of hd, worked along so far, then drop back to the started to clean.
I just been and got some today, I have a large kitchen to clean tonight, loads of plastic walls & panels.
Spray everywhere up, wash it all down then squeegee all the walls.
Picking a lad up at half 10, am hoping he's guna say he will do it on his own and I can go home, I had a stupid busy last 2 weeks and need a few hrs kip

Smurf

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2017, 11:26:16 am »
I  was wondering if you used the softwash approach with hd degreaser sprayed on instead. Then followed up with bronze wool pads fitted with a rinse bar rather than of a wfp brush would have been any quicker to clean those huge areas of glass?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6du1v9L9RA

I remember you also saying another contractor got kicked off site using a pressure washer.

Matt.

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2017, 12:49:46 pm »
💤💤💤 not long been up can't believe it's nearly 1 o'clock.

I never did smurf just dipped brush into buckets, but In hindsight now if I approached a job like that I would use soft wash setup, I would add chems to tank,  but would defo need a second tank with just water coming behind.

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2017, 04:16:00 pm »

Mike , the crestings & finials on conservatories are what stand out on the roof , these ladders save us time and effort  getting the roofs spotless

Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Smurf

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2017, 04:52:58 pm »
Nice pic...Even if you charged just half the price of TS custards would be more  than happy seeing you doing it that way by  hand surely?

For me if custards want a their conservatory roof cleaned by hand using a conservatory ladder then I tend to charge a lot more ( Danger money) lol

Also if I feel that the use of a conservatory ladder  is the best option for access on the quote will price it up accordingly too.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2017, 05:49:27 pm »

Mike , the crestings & finials on conservatories are what stand out on the roof , these ladders save us time and effort  getting the roofs spotless

Ed

Yep that's what's needed, I have been giving buying a set of these some serious thought.

Smurf

Re: Conservatory valet New
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2017, 06:32:15 pm »
If I'm honest I don't like using  conservatory roof ladders with a roof section ladder added as I've had one slip on me whilst working up there. Not only that can be a pain in the arse having to keep moving  it about as the esi-dec one I have you have to take off the roof section to move it each time. Also the black rubber on the struts tends to leave black marks and you can't clean the area around them very well and defo not under where it rests so have to try to sort that out after each ladder set.

I would also  not recommend to use a conservatory roof ladder secured with just on sucker as the four sucker ones are better and more secure.

Apart from that they come in handy. lol