Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul solloway

Selling my Round
« on: July 01, 2015, 01:06:26 pm »
Hi guys, im thinking of selling my round in Sept, could you advise me how you value your round. Do you price it by your annual income? Look forward to some good advise. Thanks Paul

sunshine windows

Re: Selling my Round
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 01:12:09 pm »
Buying a round ..... X2 maximum

Selling a round ...... X10 minimum

>:(

Depends how well priced it is for your area. Most well established rounds sell for about x4 monthly which I think is ridiculously underpriced.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 03:19:17 pm »
It amazes me how cheap some people sell em for,4-5 times the monthly take etc seems far to cheap to me for a well established business.

slap bash

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 04:12:20 pm »
If depends it the customers stay with the new owner. sell some not tangible is a difficult sell. as its difficult to value it. I would not pay more than 3 months.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 05:13:16 pm »
It's worth what you can get for it.  Will you just be selling a list of customers or will it be a full 'turn-key' business, i.e. absolutely everything included, all the buyer has to do is go out and work.  From a novice's point of view the latter is worth far more.

Would include:
Training - Fitted van with signwriting to new owner's requirement (for the sake of a couple of hundred pounds, this is well worth it) - all equipment (Ro/Di, pumps, poles, resin, storage IBC if separate purification system) -  full kit of traditional tools plus personal introduction to all the customers and full instruction in record keeping plus guarantee of "probationary" period offering help and advice while the buyer finds his feet.

Offered like this it would be much more attractive and worth many times more than you might get for a 'round'.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:04:02 pm »
Got 5 x monthly for my old round, sold it easy aswell, had a buyer within a couple of weeks.
And was still getting enquiries for it for a couple of years after.

paul solloway

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 09:54:56 pm »
Thanks fellas. really helpful

duncan h

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 10:11:45 pm »
Better to sell now. September will be harder to sell

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 11:22:55 pm »
It's worth what you can get for it.  Will you just be selling a list of customers or will it be a full 'turn-key' business, i.e. absolutely everything included, all the buyer has to do is go out and work.  From a novice's point of view the latter is worth far more.

Would include:
Training - Fitted van with signwriting to new owner's requirement (for the sake of a couple of hundred pounds, this is well worth it) - all equipment (Ro/Di, pumps, poles, resin, storage IBC if separate purification system) -  full kit of traditional tools plus personal introduction to all the customers and full instruction in record keeping plus guarantee of "probationary" period offering help and advice while the buyer finds his feet.

Offered like this it would be much more attractive and worth many times more than you might get for a 'round'.

^^^^^^^^
This poster knows what he is talking about. Listen to him. Do what he had just advised.
It's a game of three halves!

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 01:30:12 pm »

Would include:

^^^^^^^^
This poster knows what he is talking about. Listen to him. Do what he had just advised.

Why, thank you kind Sir ;)

wayne m

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 03:49:54 pm »
Hampshire window cleaning, was that your andover work or you still coming here?  Just haven't seen you around for a while

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 08:52:08 pm »
No mate, that was my round I had in Essex before I moved to Hampshire.
Still do a bit in Andover but got plenty in Romsey now to keep me busy.

paul solloway

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 09:07:32 pm »
For example then guys. If my income is £1000 per month, I should sell my round for £5000, is that fair price. I am in Winchester Hants

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 09:57:49 pm »
It's not just x(amount monthly) income.
It 's what  is the work is like cost per job ,type of job ,hours involved,profit is key.

£1000 a month  made up of 200 customers that take 4 weeks to clean will command a lower rate as say.
£1000 a month made up of 2 jobs that take 4 days to clean.

There are many factors to consider  when buying or selling a round that will determine the price.

Scrimble

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 08:04:33 pm »
For example then guys. If my income is £1000 per month, I should sell my round for £5000, is that fair price. I am in Winchester Hants

income? is that profit after all expenses, or do you mean turn over/takings?

duncan h

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 10:56:36 pm »
Yes mate. Sounds fair for WFP