Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smurf

Re: Gutter cleaning getting busy !
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 12:35:38 am »
Here are some example pics of clearing a roof valley.
Would be no point in just clearing the guttering whilst that lot was still up there.

Smurf

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 11:04:10 am »
Nick I often have to use my imagination as I come across many awkward jobs that I still need to use ladders.

Trying to clear this example from the ground even with the type of tools you use like the weedhook would have been useless as the gap was tiny to get the sods out. I even had to bend the guttering to get them out and use quite a bit of force to remove them.  That was easier than having to push it further along and out of the end with the end cap removed because of the sods getting stuck under the tiles. To be honest if there was not a conservatory in the way it would have been quicker to dismantle the guttering to clear it.

That one I quoted over the phone (big mistake) too but lucky for me the chap gave me a good tip for the extra time it took sodding about so too speak.  ;D

You need to stop relying on vacuum power, which only burns out motors and causes modular poles to jam solid, and start to use your imaginations to create tools that clearweeds, downpipes and right round the swannecks.
We've got them, have never been stumped, we don't even have a roof rack.

Smurf

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2015, 11:08:00 am »
No more mowing on that one  ;D

Here is also the tool that I used to drag the sods back to me ;)

Also the front was just as bad so is always better to price a job up not over the phone methinks as even when asked if the customer could see any weeds which he said yes I did not expect it to be so much hassel & sodding about.

wpclean

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2015, 09:16:09 pm »
Smurf you are like Rhubarb ( the lovable cartoon dog )  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 10:03:44 pm »
  ;D
Smurf you are like Rhubarb ( the lovable cartoon dog )  ;D

Plankton

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2015, 10:56:33 pm »
That was the biggest waste of 44 seconds this month!
 I'm thinking that there's something interesting going on here..... but NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smurf

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2015, 11:02:38 pm »
 ;D well what were you expecting? 

I'm thinking that there's something interesting going on here..... but NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

wpclean

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2015, 11:24:09 pm »
Bet that's what your wife said !