Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wpclean

Re: Gutter cleaning getting busy !
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »
I didn't reply because I knew we had a job today which would involve our tools. We always use a 1400 watt vac .
We removed the weeds with our downpipe fork, which ironically is proving to be the best weed remover be it downpipes or gutters. The weedhook comes into it's own when the weeds look like overgrown lawns in the gutters.
The customer wanted the swannecks checked (we do it on every job) so we brought the "ferret" into operation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH1qgKYvYE&feature=youtu.be
This screws its way through anything up to 1 metre down all swannecks.
It means that we can leave EVERY job knowing there will be no call back, and it clears everything.
Would it clear this -

Nick Day

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 09:21:23 pm »
Gutter guards are the biggest con of all times. We have been paid by councils to remove them. Get the head of your vac, press hard on to it, and most rubbish will come through it.

wpclean

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 09:37:07 pm »
Gutter guards are the biggest con of all times. We have been paid by councils to remove them. Get the head of your vac, press hard on to it, and most rubbish will come through it.
Agree about the wasted money, but these were tied in with wire, and I had to untie every single one on each bracket, and remove the stuff which tore my fingers to ribbons !    The new vacuum was terrific though, as after I ripped the stuff out I vacuumed
the whole lot !    Here is an after pic-

wpclean

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 09:39:58 pm »
These types of guttering are the hardest to clean for us, as bits under the brackets take some shifting, I am getting a pressure washing pole made to clean using low pressure soon, so this will help  ;D

wpclean

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 09:42:42 pm »
I am still puzzled as to why we are so busy with the gutter cleaning in this weather, as normally it is usually when the weather is bad we normally start getting calls  :-\

SB Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 07:51:29 am »
I am still puzzled as to why we are so busy with the gutter cleaning in this weather, as normally it is usually when the weather is bad we normally start getting calls  :-\
I wouldn't worry mate...just get out there and clean them ;D

wpclean

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 08:11:18 am »
I wouldn't worry mate...just get out there and clean them ;D
True . . . . have you liked me ?

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 09:23:23 pm »
Look good but still you can't get away from using ladders at times surely to remove blockages by hand at times?
That is you can get a ladder set safely to sort it out.
I didn't reply because I knew we had a job today which would involve our tools. We always use a 1400 watt vac .
We removed the weeds with our downpipe fork, which ironically is proving to be the best weed remover be it downpipes or gutters. The weedhook comes into it's own when the weeds look like overgrown lawns in the gutters.
The customer wanted the swannecks checked (we do it on every job) so we brought the "ferret" into operation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH1qgKYvYE&feature=youtu.be
This screws its way through anything up to 1 metre down all swannecks.
It means that we can leave EVERY job knowing there will be no call back, and it clears everything.

Smurf

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 09:44:05 pm »
Do you use any ladder safety devices?

Myself for roofline work I prefer to use an ankalad stabaliser fitted to my ladders that fold in when not needed & microlite standoff that can rest on roof tiles.

I take the netting off, and explain that it shouldn't be fitted as it causes more blockages !   Got a similar job to do next week, and charging a lot more for it, as I need to use ladders  ( will be shutting myself ) !!!!

wpclean

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2015, 09:56:38 pm »
Yes I work with our lass, and she foots the ladders ( although she does get distracted and sometimes wanders off ! )  The ladders are over 10 years old now, so thinking of changing em, as I have been told that when they are at full stretch they can snap suddenly when they are older !

wpclean

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2015, 09:57:18 pm »
Bit like me really !!!  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2015, 11:20:00 pm »
This is the setup I like to use,,,
I don't have to rely on anyone footing the ladder for me either especially if they like to go wandering off ;D

Yes I work with our lass, and she foots the ladders ( although she does get distracted and sometimes wanders off ! )  The ladders are over 10 years old now, so thinking of changing em, as I have been told that when they are at full stretch they can snap suddenly when they are older !

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2015, 11:34:41 pm »
I don't have to rely on anyone footing the ladder for me either especially if they like to go wandering off ;D

looks like overkill to me,its a flat surface you dont need the ladder footing,put the ladder under the gutter and no need for the safty devices and a 3.4 m double should do the job

wpclean

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2015, 11:35:05 pm »
That's a beast !

wpclean

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2015, 11:36:52 pm »

looks like overkill to me,its a flat surface you dont need the ladder footing,put the ladder under the gutter and no need for the safty devices and a 3.4 m double should do the job
If you put it under under the gutter, you would have to lean back and in all probability fall off  ::)roll

Smurf

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2015, 11:42:25 pm »
I like to know for sure the ladder is not going to move but is up to others what they do.
If you take a fall from roofline height then you will not be walking away afterwards that's for sure.

Smurf

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2015, 11:45:41 pm »
You would on this one that's for sure as the soffit is very deep. There is also no room to place the ladder or a normal standoff under the guttering safely.

If you put it under under the gutter, you would have to lean back and in all probability fall off  ::)roll

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 11:47:12 pm »

never fell of yet,when you are stood 4rungs down you are level with the gutter,if you are still scared use a stand off,sold mine this year as it had beeen unused in the shed for five years

Smurf

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 11:53:05 pm »
Like I said before it's up to you how you go about roofline work but having a ladder set up like that I've found has many advantages than just using a normal ladder.

never fell of yet,when you are stood 4rungs down you are level with the gutter,if you are still scared use a stand off,sold mine this year as it had beeen unused in the shed for five years

Smurf

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2015, 12:10:38 am »
It might seem overkill to some but that's how I prefer to work when using ladders for roofline work.
Most will struggle to get to the guttering let alone be able to clear roof gullies etc which is another service I offer.