This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

My WFP technique. Video.
« on: June 15, 2015, 08:25:38 pm »
Just to lighten the mood on here....... And please for the love of all that is........... Don't turn this thread into something to do with vision.  :D

Everyone likes a video and good technique discussion.

Few things to note;

- This is a monthly clean, so very clean windows to start with.
- The window directly above the conservatory is frosted, so I rinse on the glass.
- The ledges are very deep, so I don't have to allow much drip time on the top windows.
- I use a higher flow rate than most. (2.8 litres per minute at the brush head and 3 mill pencil jets)
- Property is a 4 bedroom detached, with conservatory and takes me just over 10 minutes to clean.

;D

http://youtu.be/8GrTUs7JwfQ
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Jonny 87

Re: My WFP technique. Video.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:26:39 pm »
Oh and the pole is,

Gardiner extreme 18, carbon gooseneck and soft supreme brush.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:27:53 pm »
Never rinsed the bathroom window  :o
We look at them, they look through them.

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 08:28:55 pm »

See my above bullett points. Frosted glass doesn't need rinsed IMHO.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 08:41:49 pm »
The bathroom window was rinsed, it just wasn't rinsed an extra time with the brush off the glass:)

SeanK

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 08:48:53 pm »
Yes seen that video already, very impressed and it shows how quick you can go when you have the confidence.

Jonny 87

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 08:51:03 pm »
Yes seen that video already, very impressed and it shows how quick you can go when you have the confidence.

Damn it Sean, I was waiting for something negative. You've let me down.

Or is it a double bluff.  ;D

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 08:52:47 pm »
Jonny have you tried leaving out that last stage when you lift the brush off the glass?

8weekly

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 08:57:00 pm »
You were fortunate not to encounter any bird poo or insect marks. That rarely happens in my experience.

chris turner

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 08:57:11 pm »
Is it a relatives house jonny?
I see you shot another vid there..

Also, a wooly hat in June! You Scots are wimps  ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 09:04:52 pm »
Why not use a valve? What a waste of water and additive  :o

I reckon you do double the arm movements that I do - you're going to suffer in old age  :)

Jonny 87

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 09:05:37 pm »
Jonny have you tried leaving out that last stage when you lift the brush off the glass?

I have peter and still have got good results without rinsing off. I'm just a bit too OCD with it though.

Your right what you say though.

You were fortunate not to encounter any bird poo or insect marks. That rarely happens in my experience.

Really? That is not normal for me. Mayb a few houses a day that I have to spend extra time on, but definitely not many.

Is it a relatives house jonny?
I see you shot another vid there..

Also, a wooly hat in June! You Scots are wimps  ;D

It is chris. For video purposes It means I can check the results and make sure I can for definite say the results were spotless. A lot have said I can't be spot/streak free working at that speed but I can promise that they were. :)

And yes, it is a wooly hat. It was hale stoning here a few weeks ago. Lol.  8)

Jonny 87

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 09:06:51 pm »
Why not use a valve? What a waste of water and additive  :o

Valve is on the end of the yellow hose.

I'm still waiting on a water saving device that gets added to the bottom of the pole. I don't like extra weight at the top of the pole.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 09:14:10 pm »
Wow that was fast! Total respect for showing us a video, to do a 3 bed semi with conservatory takes me about 3 x as long!  :o

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2015, 09:15:24 pm »
Nice work.

I would have gone top right, top left, top middle to allow a little more dripping time.
I have the pole hose/reel hose joint in a holster so I can turn off the water either between windows or (eg) when going from top middle (left in your case) to bottom right. Also wouldn't have to go back to pick up tap at the end.

I'm generally not so diligent on rinsing as you - I turn the flow low (with my holster tap) and run along just under the top rubbers, not usually all the way down.

The above comments are for a 4 weekly repeat clean with no birds muck or spiders nests to clear.
It's a game of three halves!

Don Kee

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2015, 09:17:07 pm »
Its a good video, theres two main things i do differently though...
Switch water off and wipe the excess water off the sills (tops)
And in the tops i would have done the window above the conny last as its not dripping in any windows you'll clean (edit - like gold)

Probably would have done the conny before the other downstairs windows (drip time)

But it defo shows clean time when you're confident...

Martin-Swinscoe

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2015, 09:30:14 pm »
I'd have done virtually the same as you,
But...............
Hat and Gloves 3rd June  :o :o

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2015, 09:36:44 pm »
 I would  do top 3 windows left to right, then down to do the  front and right hand side of conservatory (by which time top right window had stopped dripping)then bottom right then finish other side of conservatory then bottom left then run around to the front of the property do the front windows. (I have to run because I would only get £9 to £10 for this type of house ;D)

Blackadder

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2015, 09:41:22 pm »
Would be great if everyone on here who WFP's to put a video of their technique on here, would be educational  ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2015, 09:42:44 pm »
Would be great if everyone on here who WFP's to put a video of their technique on here, would be educational  ;D

I think only the brave ( or in my case stupid) are up for it.  ;D