This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ali_D

Can anyone recommend a good vacuum cleaner?
« on: May 03, 2006, 05:39:58 pm »
Hi

Without starting world war III  ;D could anyone recommend a vacuum cleaner.  I've got about £200 to spend. 

Do I get one decent one or two okay ones?  It'll just be me cleaning at the start, but hope to employ staff for the office cleaning in time.  I've already got one I can use for office cleaning at the moment.  Do you leave your vacuums on site for office cleans?

I need a sturdy vacuum for domestic jobs as I'll be chucking it in and out of the car everyday.

Would you recommend upright or cylinder?

Cheers
Ali

therapist

Re: Can anyone recommend a good vacuum cleaner?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 06:14:42 pm »
The Sebo Dart is popular..........but you have to be clear about the actual work the machine will have to handle.

Many like the little Henry........possibly because it's cheap to buy and been around for ages.

There are many others......

rob m

Art

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 06:31:25 pm »
Henrys take alot of beating. There reasonably powerful and robust.
You'd probably get 2 for £200 and some change.

Arthur

Prestige1

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 08:03:05 pm »
Henrys are well worth the money, keep changing the bags. on offer at moment, I can get them for 69 + vat
Who Dares Wins

BSF

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 08:55:53 pm »
Hi, if its an upright your after...

Ive got a few sebo bs36 uprights, their ok, but not a patch on the Nilco, see here:

http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/oos/uprightvacuums/550602.html

I think express have them on offer at the moment, check the price!

Regards

BSF
Regards

BSF

Clean 'n' Tidy

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 10:07:41 pm »
Hi,

I have up until now been using a James which is a smaller version of the Henry. The only problem that I have found is that they are not very good with animal hair.

I have just brought a Sebo Dart what a hoover cost £200ish but what an investment. If I could afford more I would ditch the James hoovers and more of these.

Rgds
Kim

Art

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 10:22:05 pm »
Henrys are well worth the money, keep changing the bags. on offer at moment, I can get them for 69 + vat

Phil,

Where do you get them at that price if you don't mind me asking?

Arthur

Prestige1

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 11:01:12 pm »
Bookers have them on offer at the moment; I don’t need one at the moment but bought 2 the other day. I get all my Henry parts from a company called AXO in Abingdon who do some great prices on everything to do with a Henry, I fit motors to Henrys when they pack up £30 for a motor which is a good price, there phone number is01235 530734 ask for a cater log. Just bought 10 packs of genuine Numatic bags for £4.19each and there will send you another 4 free! Works out at £2.99 for a pack of 10. Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

Art

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 11:07:52 pm »
Thanks Phil

therapist

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 11:27:58 pm »
The main attraction of the Henry is the low price, but, you need to keep buying bags.there are excellent water filtration machines ......which give a genuine 100% suction all of the time, unlike a certain, well advertised make.

You can also use a turbo are more powerful power wand with these machines, which makes a huge difference on large areas.

rob m

Art

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 11:42:37 pm »
Rob,

How much do the water filtration machines cost?

Arthur

Sarah S & P Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 11:43:31 pm »
Hi,
Ive recently tried Bulldog cleaners by morphy richards, they come with 3 yrs free warranty have adjustable sucking power, are very light and cost around £110 each.
Ive been really impressed up to now and will probably carry on using the Bulldog from now on. :)
Sarah
S & P Cleaning Services
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

Art

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 11:46:15 pm »
The 3 year warranty, is that parts and labour?

Ali_D

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 08:47:55 am »
Thanks everyone.

Sarah, how big is the bulldog?  I've managed to find one for £74.99.  Its the only one that came up from a Google search.  Do they have filters coz I hate those things.  We've been doing a lot of building work recently and the things just overheat and cut out when the filter gets blocked after about 5 minutes. >:(

Still tempted to go for an upright though.  It's what I've always used and its easier on the back too.  I've looked at the Sebo before.  Does anyone know of anywhere in South Wales that supplies them so I can try before I buy?

Thanks
Ali

Prestige1

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 08:55:01 am »
The sebo in my opinion is the number 1 vac, I use one for all my carpet cleaning jobs and on tough carpets pet hair etc, but its to bulky for general use, I don,t think it will take the abuse that a Henry can.
Who Dares Wins

Sarah S & P Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 01:24:40 pm »
Hi all,
Yes it is parts and labour and its similar size to the Henry, i paid £75 for mine recently on offer through Ace cards & Gifts.
It came with 10 free bags a pack of vac air fresheners and a contact number to order new bags and fresheners when required.
It comes with two heads one of which is motorised and the vacuum pipe/nozzle is quite long so its easy on the back.
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

BSF

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 07:42:15 pm »
Try a nilco ;D ;D

A very good machine, you also get the tools included, I never have with the sebo bs36, the nilcos brush stops when in the upright position, the sebos doesnt, the cord is longer ;D ;D

I love them ;D

http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/oos/uprightvacuums/550602.html

go on have a look!!!!

Regards

BSF
Regards

BSF

Ali_D

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 07:57:53 pm »
Are they heavy BSF?  Coz I don't want to end up looking like Popeye  ;D

And are they tough enough to stand general day to day abuse?

Thanks
Ali

BSF

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 08:08:12 pm »
Seriously, they are very good, alot lighter than the Sebo bs36 and Karcher equivalent, they are that good I’ve put my name on em ;D

try one I promise you, you wont be disappointed.

Regards

BSF

Ali_D

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 09:14:02 pm »
 ;D I like the new identity