This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rosie Randell

Best way of paying a new employee
« on: June 03, 2015, 03:31:46 pm »
Hi, I'm new to this but haven't seen my question appear before. I am currently an unregistered sole trader for my domestic cleaning business. I have around 15 clients and I can't manage them all on my own, so I want to take on someone to help me. I wondered if there was an "easy" option, as I can't afford to pay holidays or have a payroll system yet! Can they be self employed? Do they need their own insurance if so? Or can I stay unregistered and just pay them  cash on a weekly basis? Or is there another option?

Many thanks, Rosie

AuRavelling79

Re: Best way of paying a new employee
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 11:03:06 pm »
I would re-ask this in Carpet Cleaning or Window Cleaning - I know it is really neither but that is where the question would get answered best.
It's a game of three halves!

Scott Blaney

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:21:26 pm »
You are unregistered ?

Drewheald

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 08:43:43 pm »
In 2015 the chance of getting away with working on the side are incredibly unlikely. They get a slap on the wrist, you get a HUGE FINE,  If you are serious about been in business, act like it and do things right for your own good, you WILL get caught.

You can hire them on a self employed basis, which in Domestic cleaning is very common, tell them they have 90 days to give you a UTR number, this way you are covered if you end up been inspected., reported, grassed on etc etc.

If you need a template for hiring them, just let me know I think I have one somewhere.