This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

shammy davis jnr

customer blames equipment for scratches
« on: April 30, 2006, 02:16:19 pm »
while building a round recently i got a phone call in which a new customer blamed one of my staff off scratching her  window
she was a new customer last time but failed to pay at the last collection for her windows so she would have recived a slip this time for double money you know the scetch
how come they always have a complaint when they are due you cash  this realy pxxxses me off >:(
i allways tell my staff on talking on new doors check and see if there are any scratches and point them out  esp new builds
these people buy a lovely new house for thousands and the builders dont even have the savey to cover them
they think they have payed for every thing to be brand new  and especialy the windows which im sure you have all come across your to blame if they dont snag the house properly ,and if they havent done so in the time scale the builder lays down all fingers seem to point to the window cleaner 
it goes something like this  you scratched my window you must have picked up a stone in your mop and marked my window
no i did not are you sure it wasent the twat off a rough caster who last year pelted your house with stones as well as half your window ledges frames and glass our could it have been a cleaning lady who only knows how to use a hoover when your house got built in wich the builder  gave her a scraper and a extra 20 quid to give the glass a good scrape
 and i mean scrape ,
becase i use side kicks so the likley hood off you picking up a dimond coated drive way stone and scraping a scratch in your window the sise off the grand cannyon very remote
now what do u want me to do about it
answer well you were the last at the window it must have been you
when does this poop ever end
ye sure ill just replace all your windows and doors aswell while im at it becase your son smashed his bike in to it but he was at school today and i was last to chap your door so it must be me  lol
im running out off steam now any one else ever came across this lol
answers please ...........yours  the davis

Paul Coleman

Re: customer blames equipment for scratches
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 02:52:44 pm »
while building a round recently i got a phone call in which a new customer blamed one of my staff off scratching her  window
she was a new customer last time but failed to pay at the last collection for her windows so she would have recived a slip this time for double money you know the scetch
how come they always have a complaint when they are due you cash  this realy pxxxses me off >:(
i allways tell my staff on talking on new doors check and see if there are any scratches and point them out  esp new builds
these people buy a lovely new house for thousands and the builders dont even have the savey to cover them
they think they have payed for every thing to be brand new  and especialy the windows which im sure you have all come across your to blame if they dont snag the house properly ,and if they havent done so in the time scale the builder lays down all fingers seem to point to the window cleaner 
it goes something like this  you scratched my window you must have picked up a stone in your mop and marked my window
no i did not are you sure it wasent the thingy off a rough caster who last year pelted your house with stones as well as half your window ledges frames and glass our could it have been a cleaning lady who only knows how to use a hoover when your house got built in wich the builder  gave her a scraper and a extra 20 quid to give the glass a good scrape
 and i mean scrape ,
becase i use side kicks so the likley hood off you picking up a dimond coated drive way stone and scraping a scratch in your window the sise off the grand cannyon very remote
now what do u want me to do about it
answer well you were the last at the window it must have been you
when does this nuts ever end
ye sure ill just replace all your windows and doors aswell while im at it becase your son smashed his bike in to it but he was at school today and i was last to chap your door so it must be me  lol
im running out off steam now any one else ever came across this lol
answers please ...........yours  the davis

I've had two attempts to blame me for scratches over the years.  The metal scraper I use for birds' poo is made to be used on glass.  I actually tried to scratch some scrap glass with it in front of the customer once and invited the customer to try as well.  He declined.  He also paid.

shammy davis jnr

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 04:42:34 pm »
nice one will try it  i have a freind who had this prob aswell  but they later found out by the guy  who was refitting  the street for the council that  it was the glazing firms racks in th van  that transported the glass pannells that was the real problem behind this the glazing panels had been rubbing during transportation
he pointed this out to his customer  did the council own up no............where is the window cleaner .....he told them in no uncertain terms to beat it ...no but your right you realy need to put some serious efort in to realy make a scratch on a glass pannel ......

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 06:48:25 pm »
nice one will try it  i have a freind who had this prob aswell  but they later found out by the guy  who was refitting  the street for the council that  it was the glazing firms racks in th van  that transported the glass pannells that was the real problem behind this the glazing panels had been rubbing during transportation
he pointed this out to his customer  did the council own up no............where is the window cleaner .....he told them in no uncertain terms to beat it ...no but your right you realy need to put some serious efort in to realy make a scratch on a glass pannel ......

It can be done I think but only if you use the wrong type of scraper.  I have seen new glass installed scratched before on a domestic job (they had just had an extension built).  I noticed it before I touched it and showed it to the customer.