This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul ette

window cleaners whistle
« on: April 02, 2015, 08:18:07 pm »
is it a secret calling to other window cleaners to let you know there there? or is it a warning your on my patch whistle?
everytime i clean windows and theres another windie, they let me know with this whistle while work routine, im not talking bout a short blast but a happy whistle along while there working, 9 times out of ten its a tradder (im wfp) they never speak to me just blank me and whistle.
i always say hello and get a grunt then more whisling, maybe its an old skool thing
am i alone??

Bungle

Re: window cleaners whistle
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 08:34:11 pm »
is it a secret calling to other window cleaners to let you know there there? or is it a warning your on my patch whistle?
everytime i clean windows and theres another windie, they let me know with this whistle while work routine, im not talking bout a short blast but a happy whistle along while there working, 9 times out of ten its a tradder (im wfp) they never speak to me just blank me and whistle.
i always say hello and get a grunt then more whisling, maybe its an old skool thing
am i alone??

Sounds like they are trying to make you feel uncomfortable. Give him a wolf whistle when he whistles next time  :-*
We look at them, they look through them.

paul ette

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »
seems to be all different tradders, think ita a im not bothered that your wfp (but really i am) whistle, any wfp guys just come and chat to me

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 11:36:53 pm »
think you are alone never noticed another cleaner whistling

Walter Mitty

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 08:25:09 am »
Tread carefully.
It could be a mating call.

paul ette

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 09:47:42 am »
it might be ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 10:31:41 am »
I sing.  Quite loudly.

I was once standing with my door open with my head in the van, writing out a customer slip, singing loudly to myself.  Casually, I let rip with a terrific, heart-stopping fart.

At that exact moment the old dear standing right behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I could do her house...

Vin

johnny bravo

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 12:35:35 pm »
i seem to always whistle when i get a new customer while working,    must be thinking of the money.