This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

holland1945

Does Anyone Use a Wagtail
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:14:05 pm »
One of the other 'threads' about the varying merits of Wfp contains a reference to a tool called a 'Wagtail'.  I've been a Window Cleaner for about 6 months now, and know several more .. but no one has ever mentioned this device.

I've done some research online and the results look impressive. Does anyone use one of these tools on a daily basis? Does it speed you up? Does it stop that dull aching in your wrists?

I'm keen to know more about the Wagtail, Mop and Blade combined device, does anyone use it, would they recommend it?

Sorry for firing all these questions, I feel like I'm taking more from this forum than I give back. But I swear in a year, I'll answer a 'newbies' question without rolling my eyes accusingly at the screen and save someone else the hassle.

windolene

Re: Does Anyone Use a Wagtail
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 09:48:48 pm »
Hi,

Holland1945,

On a recommendation from a fellow cleanitup member who swears by them I to brought one.  I found that they do work but should be only considered for the housewife to clean her own windows & not for professional use One reason being is:

. The wash strip is a flat pad being no thicker then a dry flannel which holds very little water resulting in you constantly dipping it in to your bucket. Its an interesting tool that does the job but not for a professional .

I brought it from the following link for £25.00

http://www.omnipole.com/

Kevin WINDOLENE.

dai

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 03:21:24 pm »
Well Me and the Mrs use nothing else but the wagtail appart from WFP. I think the Wagtail is the dogs. It's true that it holds very little water, that's no problem when you use a bucket on the belt. Two mugs of water in your belt bucket will do you 4 three bed semi's. The very fact that it doesn't hold much water makes it perfect for doing inside work too. One single pass over the glass, job done. I still have the backflip in the back of the van but it's never used now. Dai

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 04:03:55 pm »
One of the other 'threads' about the varying merits of Wfp contains a reference to a tool called a 'Wagtail'.  I've been a Window Cleaner for about 6 months now, and know several more .. but no one has ever mentioned this device.

I've done some research online and the results look impressive. Does anyone use one of these tools on a daily basis? Does it speed you up? Does it stop that dull aching in your wrists?

I'm keen to know more about the Wagtail, Mop and Blade combined device, does anyone use it, would they recommend it?

Sorry for firing all these questions, I feel like I'm taking more from this forum than I give back. But I swear in a year, I'll answer a 'newbies' question without rolling my eyes accusingly at the screen and save someone else the hassle.

I have only ever used a wagtail on the end of a pole for occasional awkward windows.  I wouldn't fancy using it as a regular tool.  If you are concerned about wrist ache, maybe try using a swiv-loc applicator?  I found that it helps as a lot of the bending is done by the neck of the applicator rather than by the wrist.

martyn

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 07:08:43 pm »
one problem with wagtail is that the plastic  components which actually swivel wear out fairly quickly, and if you have no spares the tool is useless.

I Liked the  applicators but again the pads wore quicklt in constant use, I found a friendly shop who sewed me some applicator sleeves into wagtail sleeeves and they worked a lot better